[Albion] FA Cup Semi-Final v Man Utd - 4:30pm, Sunday 23rd April

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Kick off time still not confirmed, I’m assuming the London marathon being the same day is causing chaos. Quite annoying ours wasn’t the Saturday game IMO

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
Different feel to this semi final than the last one v Man city - tickets went on sale Just a few days after the Millwall 1/4 final win and club shop and website full of 'We are off to Wembley' merchandise straight away.
Quite like the feeling we aren't going over the top and we have a job to do but it would be great to know kick off date (officially, we've all know it was 23rd since last Sunday), Kick off time etc etc along with allocation and ticket prices and to ramp up the excitement a bit

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I have a feeling that the game may well take place at another venue or will have the date moved. London marathon must be causing major headaches.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
Kick off time still not confirmed, I’m assuming the London marathon being the same day is causing chaos. Quite annoying ours wasn’t the Saturday game IMO
Cup semi final is quite often on Marathon day so they must know what time they are looking at playing it

Stumpy Tim

I have it on very good authority that for the semi-final in 2019, City had originally secured Box Park but Paul Barber managed to negotiate for us to have it.
Barber lived down the road from Roger Wade back then, so probably had a word.
Cup semi final is quite often on Marathon day so they must know what time they are looking at playing it
Exactly. Marathon is a morning thing, so I suspect the semi-final will be late afternoon. Wasn't it 4.30pm last time?

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
I have a feeling that the game may well take place at another venue or will have the date moved. London marathon must be causing major headaches.
I'd say unlikely - 2018 Fa cup semi final was same day as London marathon so was 2017

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Surely when you have two games to schedule and you know one has to be on one of the two days whatever it can’t be this hard to schedule?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
The day hasn't been confirmed either...
I mean yeah, but it pretty much has hasn’t it? United can’t play Thursday night in Seville then Saturday. It’s 100% going to be the Sunday.

I’m not sure what’s holding this up, 4.30 kick off seems obvious to me but obviously something is holding it up?

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
I'd say unlikely - 2018 Fa cup semi final was same day as London marathon so was 2017
Yes and both dates have been in the diary all season. I suspect the Met would have raised objections about the date months ago, if it had been a problem.
Of course, there may not be many Met Officers left by the end of April at this rate, so that could be a problem

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports