Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] FA Cup second round weekend

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
For those not interested in the World Cup at all, it's a chance for other football fans to watch proper, real football at grass roots level.

I hope King's Lynn knock out the odious Steve Evans' Stevenage in the first match of the weekend. Should be a good 'un and nobody died building the quaint King's Lynn stadium.

Our Muzza in the studio. He had a slight dig at the other tournament being played at the moment. ;)

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Ouch! Some meaty challenges going in. Two substitutions already.

King's Lynn edging it. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's brother looks a useful player.

Nice to hear the crowd chant "You fat bastard!" towards the tax dodger. :ROFLMAO:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Stevenage put together a great team movement to lead a goal to nil.

Just before that Tommy Widdrington argued with the referee and waited until his back was turned before shouting "c**t!" :lolol:

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Buxton at Ipswich Town hopefully a draw and replay at Silverlands on a bitterly cold night and wind chill factor of -8.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Alvechurch playing really well and it wasn't a penalty for me that put Forest Green ahead. I love their number seven - he looks so non-league with his socks down and is huge!

 Half-times
Accrington 0-0 Barnet (c'mon you Bees!)
Charlton 2-1 Stockport.
Pompey 2-1 MK Dongs.
Massive 0-1 Mansfield.
Shrewsbury 2-1 Peterborough.
Wimbledon 0-1 Chesterfield.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
The Vegans put their carrots back in front.

Enthralling game though and that free-kick will be replayed over and over and over again this year in the FA Cup. Moment of the season. Magic stuff for the 1,200 travelling fans.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Thank you so much, BBC, for a sense of normality on a Saturday afternoon. At the moment that means such a lot. It isn't a dig at the WC but about the mental anguish I'm feeling at the moment.

It's so heartening to know that football still belongs to the fans. ❤

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Thank you so much, BBC, for a sense of normality on a Saturday afternoon. At the moment that means such a lot. It isn't a dig at the WC but about the mental anguish I'm feeling at the moment.

It's so heartening to know that football still belongs to the fans. ❤
That ref in the Forest green game was totally buying all those manufactured " bit of contact - go down " incidents like the "pen" then missed the clip on the back of the heels of the Alvechurch player near the end of the match. Would have loved Alvechurch to win and us to draw them in the next round. Still at least the 3rd round draw gives us something else to watch, do you fancy anyone in particular?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Some cracking FA Cup ties today:

Ebbsfleet v Fleetwood (ITV, 12.30pm).
Bristol Rovers v Boreham Wood (2pm).
Burton v Chippenham (2pm).
Newport v Derby (ITV, 3.15pm).
Ipswich v Buxton (5pm).

Hopefully a good day for the non-League sides, especially Chippenham, who have been rejected by television again. My aunt lives there so I really want them to win. Buxton would cause one of the biggest upsets in recent years if they win at Portman Road. This is what football is all about. ⚽🌈

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here