[Politics] FA Cup - Round of 16

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I think for the first time in decades I'm looking at those teams left and with the exception of maybe City genuinely think we could beat any of the others on our day!

The trouble is going to be getting past Leicester.

If we do, i'll be seriously dreaming of Wembley

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Isn't ours the Frank Worthington Derby and BTW, it's never previously been called the "Round of 16". It's the Fifth Round of the FA Cup ! That's what it was known as when we won at Anfield in 1983.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Im reading that Burnley had to change their team at short notice tonight, when they realised that Erik Pieters had been booked in the previous two rounds and is therefore suspended for one match, in the Cup.

Can, and will the FA take action?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Im reading that Burnley had to change their team at short notice tonight, when they realised that Erik Pieters had been booked in the previous two rounds and is therefore suspended for one match, in the Cup.

I doubt it, they changed their team BEFORE kick-off apparently after a BT Sport bod spotted the faux pas.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Isn’t there some rules about not changing your team after the team sheet has gone in, unless for injury?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Strong teams being put out by M Utd v WH Utd

Wonder about tomorrow. Think Leicester will be a mix and TBH we may have no choice but to vary our team

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
The Robbie Savage derby.

The Robbie Savage derby would only work if we were playing Derby.
Either way we can't have a Robbie Savage derby against any if his previous clubs because technically you have to had actually played for Brighton, which he did not the lazy good for nothing **** and at a time when we really needed a player of his experience, never forgiven him, horrible little turd.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Something puzzles me . Lingard at UTD v West Ham game .Why would you travel in a game you can't play in ? I know he lives in Manchester ,but works in London . So is he allowed to stay in Manchester overnight? I presume he trains in London ,just seems strange to me in Covid times.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
If one of the top sides win the cup it will be sort of, so what. But if we go all the way and win it. Without our attendance and not being able to celebrate on the streets our finest hour how hollow would it be?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

I have a feeling cup bookings/bans don’t count for league games now.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Dyche made 8 changes and lost.

We’re making at least 1 change with Webbo out but will it be as many as Burnley?

Let’s hope we play are stongest team against Villa and that they are suitably rested.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports