Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup quarter final v Grimsby Sun 19th March 2.15

Mr Phil

Nov 29, 2022
I think I’ve seen more Grimsby shirts out and about than any visiting club since I’ve been watching the Albion, and they seem a very warm friendly bunch. Very impressed, nothing like how Sacha Baron Cohen depicted Grimsby

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Grimsby
Fulham
Blackburn
Bristol city

Fourfold 6,600/1 lump on

12/1 if you don’t think Albion will win in 90 minutes

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I think I’ve seen more Grimsby shirts out and about than any visiting club since I’ve been watching the Albion, and they seem a very warm friendly bunch. Very impressed, nothing like how Sacha Baron Cohen depicted Grimsby
Glory hunters 😆

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Apology accepted.
BFB330FD-F64B-4EB5-90D1-5EB7B7C5B921.png

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

Selling out a couple of hours before kick off would suggest that saying it would be a struggle probably wasn’t too wide of the mark. Certainly didn’t warrant Piltdown Man trying to belittle me and acting like a bellend.

Great effort though, even if those last few tickets were probably Grimsby fans chancing their arm :wink:

Mr Phil

Nov 29, 2022
Spending the entire match throwing stuff on the pitch really put me off their fans. Hope the fish supply dries up off their coast

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Commentator said 29k attendance and we all know he inflates that number.
Sold out is definitely questionable, people buying and not using to boost their STH points ahead of our European tour perhaps
Looking at how much fuller the ground looked than usual, I would suggest the figure today was actually those that turned up rather than the premier league standard of 'tickets sold'.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Spending the entire match throwing stuff on the pitch really put me off their fans. Hope the fish supply dries up off their coast
At least it gave Sanchez something to do! I agree, no idea why they would do that, and it started early, so not even a response to losing. Shame cos they let their other fans down who were decent and in good voice

Mr Phil

Nov 29, 2022
At least it gave Sanchez something to do! I agree, no idea why they would do that, and it started early, so not even a response to losing. Shame cos they let their other fans down who were decent and in good voice
Dunky was nice enough to give him something to do with that back pass early on

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
That attendance figure cant be right cant it? 29415 out of a capacity 31800? The Grimsby end was obviously packed, looked like every seat filled, and from my view up in the east upper I could only see a scattered couple of empty seats here and there around the rest of the place. That figure would suggest 2400 empty seats, an area covering roughly half the Grimsby support...

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Why on earth did we give them a big party at the end after they spent the game lobbing the mosaic paper at Sanchez?

Instead of celebrating with 'we're going to Wembley' at the end we've got Sweet Caroline on the PA for the away support. What a load of nonsense.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
2000 empty seats, lowest attendance of the season 🤷🏻‍♂️
No chance there was anything like that empty seats - looked pretty much packed 🤷🏻‍♂️ Segregation etc may have taken up sole but the Albion sold out and nearly everyone seemingly turned up 🤢

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Why on earth did we give them a big party at the end after they spent the game lobbing the mosaic paper at Sanchez?

Instead of celebrating with 'we're going to Wembley' at the end we've got Sweet Caroline on the PA for the away support. What a load of nonsense.

Biggest game (or maybe the playoffs last spring) for them in a very long while.

Things are looking grim for them, being 1-0 down early and not being allowed to borrow the ball. Then out of nowhere: hope. The opposition goalie picked up the ball with both hands, outside the penalty area. What does the ref and VAR say? "Meh.."

Obviously must have made them really, really angry. Bit like fans of various clubs - Brighton included - booing players who makes a bad tackle on Albion players, or someone who dives... difference being that this time they were provided with something to throw on the pitch.

Not great, not right, but understandable. VAR robbed them of their only opportunity to get something, and Sanchez happened to be the bloke who should have seen the red.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
No chance there was anything like that empty seats - looked pretty much packed 🤷🏻‍♂️ Segregation etc may have taken up sole but the Albion sold out and nearly everyone seemingly turned up 🤢
Yeah that cant be right. The segregation was about 100-200 seats max. The attendance given means there was about 2300 empty seats in the stadium. A north stand block is about 700 seats, so they're saying the equivalent of 3 north stand blocks were empty?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here