Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup quarter final v Grimsby Sun 19th March 2.15

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
There are many Mothers out there expecting a nice lunch, a glass of bubbles and some Milk Tray.
Only one man for the job...
Screenshot_20230317_204047_Chrome.jpg

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
If Brighton win then yes,you will have first dibs on tickets if you have the ticket stubs from the 83 final the replay plus the away tie at Middlesbrough this season.
I know some who qualify for that. I seem to remember record attendance for a testimonial match when giving out vouchers to apply for next round tickets

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I don’t agree though
- we could have given a few more to Grimsby
- of even greater relevance is that the club have been releasing tickets in cribs and drabs over the past 24 hours and for some that’s too late
We couldn't really give them about 300 more, it wouldn't work.

Shame it looks like it's not going to quite sell out. But live on BBC1 and Mother's Day accounts for that.

There will still be more people in the stadium than your average Premier League fixture, where there is always a good smattering of absentee STHs

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We couldn't really give them about 300 more, it wouldn't work.

Shame it looks like it's not going to quite sell out. But live on BBC1 and Mother's Day accounts for that.

There will still be more people in the stadium than your average Premier League fixture, where there is always a good smattering of absentee STHs
Yeh there were about the same amount on the exchange for Weds and that’s just the people that bothered to list their tickets on there. It’s as good as sold out and even more so by match day - very good effort all things considered 🙌

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There are many Mothers out there expecting a nice lunch, a glass of bubbles and some Milk Tray.
I’m getting that tomorrow, at my choice (forget the Milk Tray)
My choice, as I want to be at the match.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We did sell out initial allocation and then got given another couple of thousand with a few days to go.
As City didn’t sell all theirs!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
IF, if, if, the incredible happened and Albion reached the final, all season ticket holders would be covered in a 30,500 allocation.

It would be interesting to see how it worked out with the MyAlbion members though. Not sure how many there are.

Anyway, Sunday.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
'Tickets will not be on sale on the day of the match'.

What is the reason exactly for a game like this?

I know the days of strolling up and paying at the turnstile are long gone at our level, but seems a shame people can't just decide in the morning they fancy going to the match if there are still a few tickets left.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
'Tickets will not be on sale on the day of the match'.

What is the reason exactly for a game like this?

I know the days of strolling up and paying at the turnstile are long gone at our level, but seems a shame people can't just decide in the morning they fancy going to the match if there are still a few tickets left.
I might be wrong, but I think it depends on the opposition and nature of the specific game.

if so, in this instance, it will be because Grimsby sold out their tickets quickly and they don't want to encourage ticketless fans to chance their arm with a home end ticket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here