Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup quarter final v Grimsby Sun 19th March 2.15

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Just over 1500 left
Meandering towards a total sell out. There'll be a couple of hundred more not yet put on sale around the ground for different reasons. Is going to be a great occasion.

Barber OBE must be pleased about getting the ticket price just about spot on in terms of the demand curve for this match.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Somewhat disagree. We are very limited in how many tickets we can offer opposition fans at the moment for League games (about 2,600). With a larger stadium (35-40k) we could easily sell out most matches and offer away fans more tickets (Man City, Man Utd , Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Newcastle, Everton, Leeds , West Ham, Palace & Southampton would probably shift 5k each time they visit if pricing was right) - it would also offer the possibility of cheaper season tickets for home fans.

The problem would come if we dropped out of the Prem and travel might be an issue with an increased capacity. IMO
we give away teams 3000 as per premier league rules. I believe it's 3000 tickets or 10% of capacity whichever is lower.. we get less for Bournemouth due to their capacity and the lower figure for palace is a reciprocal arrangement made by the safety group

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Meandering towards a total sell out. There'll be a couple of hundred more not yet put on sale around the ground for different reasons. Is going to be a great occasion.

Barber OBE must be pleased about getting the ticket price just about spot on in terms of the demand curve for this match.
I think the pricing has worked perfectly will ensure Grimsby a decent cut and should lead to a full stadium with a great atmosphere

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Block E1H has just gone on sale if anyone is looking for a group booking.

Yeah I noticed that, returns from Grimsby?

Well E1H is the block right next to their support and divided by a gangway. I suspect they were always going to use half of that block for segregation (as you can see they have done by looking at the ticket selector) but sell the other half of the block to one club or the other, depending on demand among the home support. It turns out we're close enough to selling out the home end, so they've put them on sale to home support. Had home support been more apathetic, I suspect they'd have released that half block to Grimsby fans instead and moved the segregation half block to the other side.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Hence my use of the word 'capped.'

Congratulations.

However you quoted somebody saying that some teams would bring 5k fans if ticket prices were right, so the maximum we can sell them for is entirely irrelevant. He's obviously not saying they could only shift tickets if we sold them for £50 is he? Hence why I pointed out at that we could sell them for any price we like under £30.

:shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Should be a sell out and a great day. Hope everyone has made arrangements for their mothers to enjoy the day!!!
Mother’s Day (for me) is now on Saturday. I will enjoy the match at the Amex on Sunday.

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
Congratulations.

However you quoted somebody saying that some teams would bring 5k fans if ticket prices were right, so the maximum we can sell them for is entirely irrelevant. He's obviously not saying they could only shift tickets if we sold them for £50 is he? Hence why I pointed out at that we could sell them for any price we like under £30.

:shrug:
Fair point, I didn't mean to sound rude.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Should be a sell out and a great day. Hope everyone has made arrangements for their mothers to enjoy the day!!!
Absolutely.

Collecting her from her care home, in a suitably accessible taxi, and taking her to the Amex.
(like every home game)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here