[Albion] FA Cup quarter final v Grimsby Sun 19th March 2.15

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
My Father just telling me about system in Goldstone days. He had 3 STs and decided each game who he would take. For big cup games tickets available at a reserve game and attendance for these often 15k plus
The tickets for the League Cup v Derby in the 70s were like that I believe.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Well, we’ve sold our allocation out, so no messing about there…

well done for that and for beating our south coast inferiors along the road in the last round - look forward to welcoming you lot down, you'll have a fantastic time in our City, but hopefully you wont be going home tooooo happy ;)

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
well done for that and for beating our south coast inferiors along the road in the last round - look forward to welcoming you lot down, you'll have a fantastic time in our City, but hopefully you wont be going home tooooo happy ;)
Thanks. Whatever happens it will be a party atmosphere I’m sure. Of course, it starts to get a bit challenging keeping things going if we’re 4-0 down after half-an-hour, but I think you’ll be impressed by our following.

I think there will be a decent number coming down on the Saturday. Is there a good place in the city centre for large numbers of away fans to congregate and make some noise, without pissing the locals off?

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Liverpool this season in the cup I imagine as the stadium capacity was increased recently and they sold out the away end for the first time since with the higher 15%.
Thanks for that. Presumably the same allocation we’ve been given, then?

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Thanks. Whatever happens it will be a party atmosphere I’m sure. Of course, it starts to get a bit challenging keeping things going if we’re 4-0 down after half-an-hour, but I think you’ll be impressed by our following.

I think there will be a decent number coming down on the Saturday. Is there a good place in the city centre for large numbers of away fans to congregate and make some noise, without pissing the locals off?
Which pub is it that proudly hosts the Brighton Branch of the Liverpool Fans Club...? That might be a good place for the Grimsby fans to head to?

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Hope you do - I genuinely think we could have sold 10,000 for this one given a sufficient allocation. I’ve got mine at least, and will be coming down Friday night and spending the weekend on the south coast. Can’t wait!

Out of interest, what’s the biggest away following you’ve had at the Amex? I’m assuming a southern team in the Carabao Cup or something, but would be mildly interested to know.

Which pub is it that proudly hosts the Brighton Branch of the Liverpool Fans Club...? That might be a good place for the Grimsby fans to head to?
That used to be the King & Queen but theyve since moved to The Font apparently. I'm fairly sure its usually Wetherspoons down West Street that away fans take over

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West

I would recommend getting in here: https://thekingandqueen.co.uk/
Big venue and loads of TV screens showing sport all day. Beer garden outside as well.

Jimmy Grimble

I think the King and Queen has been a bit of an unofficial away pub for some teams this year so would make sense.

Just don’t try any of the pubs near Brighton station.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
you lot are going to need several large pubs anyway aren't you so; The Font & Firkin (in The Lanes), Wetherspoons (down by seafront) and King & Queen (out of the station and turn left)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

You'll probably be less impressed with ours. However, we will sing faster than you, so there.

Unless deliberately trying, I don't imagine Grimsby fans will piss anyone off. Maybe the beach is a good area for large numbers?

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
You'll probably be less impressed with ours. However, we will sing faster than you, so there.

Unless deliberately trying, I don't imagine Grimsby fans will piss anyone off. Maybe the beach is a good area for large numbers?
We’ll be there in good numbers and good spirits, certainly not to antagonise. I know you lot are a decent bunch as well, which always helps.

We’ll find somewhere to settle down, I’m sure. Weather looks like it could be half decent, so the beach might be a good shout.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
That used to be the King & Queen but theyve since moved to The Font apparently. I'm fairly sure its usually Wetherspoons down West Street that away fans take over
It is the Font. My mate used to run it and always said they were an entitled bunch of tossers, then again, he is an Everton fan!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports