[Albion] FA Cup quarter final v Grimsby Sun 19th March 2.15

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Firstly, it's only 9.20 am. Then you have Albion + can get 2 x guest tickets from tomorrow and purchase history from Friday. I think you need to judge on Monday morning really.

Agree, things could/should look different by Monday. Still 5/6k to shift, fingers crossed!

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Thanks….tried but they aren’t allowing it for this match
No I just found this out, my daughter had to move to allow for increased away attendance so got her ticket near us. Saw this morning there is one seat next to us in the middle of the row that probably won’t sell, but they said no.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Moved from our ST seats in WSU for this one to the North West corner shelf N2B. Anyone know what it's like there?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Moved from our ST seats in WSU for this one to the North West corner shelf N2B. Anyone know what it's like there?
It's an excellent view (for the corner) as you have good elevation. There is a mini kiosk up there too, last time I went you couldn't get a pint though.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
There are a few of our supporters who enjoy a good moan about our online ticket system. Any chance we can send them to you on a free transfer ? I think they (and we) would love it.
My Father just telling me about system in Goldstone days. He had 3 STs and decided each game who he would take. For big cup games tickets available at a reserve game and attendance for these often 15k plus

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Slightly weird system on the tickets. As a STH I can take two guests, both of whom are in my friends and family, but can't assign the tickets to them so they get the loyalty points. To do that they either have to be paid up MyAlbion+ members or I have to wait until Friday when their purchase history makes them eligible to have tickets...I queried this and was told as they are my guests the tickets have to be in my name. Seems a bit odd that as they are in the system and have their own accounts they can't have their own tickets, especially given all the lengths the club go to in making sure tickets aren't handed around.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Slightly weird system on the tickets. As a STH I can take two guests, both of whom are in my friends and family, but can't assign the tickets to them so they get the loyalty points. To do that they either have to be paid up MyAlbion+ members or I have to wait until Friday when their purchase history makes them eligible to have tickets...I queried this and was told as they are my guests the tickets have to be in my name. Seems a bit odd that as they are in the system and have their own accounts they can't have their own tickets, especially given all the lengths the club go to in making sure tickets aren't handed around.
Especially as there is a very clear message at that exact point of the check out process explaining how important it is for tickets to be assigned to the correct owners!

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Tbh, loyalty points mean very little unless you have a season ticket. Occasionally there's been ticket windows for MyAlbion+ members with 'x' points but without either, they won't be of any benefit.

But I agree, seems strange you can't allocate your 'guest' a ticket

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Booked my ST seat Sunday then grabbed the two seats next to me at 9:01 this morning expecting a rush. Apart from lower west there are plenty of groups of seats still available. Wish I'd waited as taking junior who'd rather lower than upper tier.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Yes but you are getting them tickets earlier then they would be able to get them for themselves. They could always wait until Friday?

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Tbh, loyalty points mean very little unless you have a season ticket. Occasionally there's been ticket windows for MyAlbion+ members with 'x' points but without either, they won't be of any benefit.

But I agree, seems strange you can't allocate your 'guest' a ticket
Unfortunately that's not the case - I wanted to take Mini Exile to Leeds on Saturday but was told "purchase history" is still 10 points minimum, so despite them coming with me to many games they've not even got 10 points yet because of this inability to allocate guest tickets. The upshot is neither of us are going to be there on Saturday even though there are loads of seats still available.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

It's because the system knows you are eligible to buy the guest tickets but the moment you assign them to someone else that counts as that person buying them. As they aren't eligible the system won't let you proceed. Assume it is the seatgeek system that runs the ticket sales that is the issue here. You think it would be possible to assign it but have a tick box saying "this is a STH guest ticket" so the club knows who is using it while only being on sale to those eligible.

Every time there are STH guest tickets on sale there is a post on NSC from someone with the same issue as you just had.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I really hope we sell out all our tickets - especially as Grimsby have comfortably done their bit. I would love to be there but I’d be coming from Ireland. I looked at flights as soon as the fixture was confirmed and a combination of relatively short notice, Mother’s Day and Paddy’s Day weekend(with the Ireland/England game too) means flights to/from Ireland from Thu - Mon are extortionate!
Albion must have been confident they would sell out or they would have allocated a few more to @Poojah and co. Shirley

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
I really hope we sell out all our tickets - especially as Grimsby have comfortably done their bit. I would love to be there but I’d be coming from Ireland. I looked at flights as soon as the fixture was confirmed and a combination of relatively short notice, Mother’s Day and Paddy’s Day weekend(with the Ireland/England game too) means flights to/from Ireland from Thu - Mon are extortionate!
Albion must have been confident they would sell out or they would have allocated a few more to @Poojah and co. Shirley
Hope you do - I genuinely think we could have sold 10,000 for this one given a sufficient allocation. I’ve got mine at least, and will be coming down Friday night and spending the weekend on the south coast. Can’t wait!

Out of interest, what’s the biggest away following you’ve had at the Amex? I’m assuming a southern team in the Carabao Cup or something, but would be mildly interested to know.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Hope you do - I genuinely think we could have sold 10,000 for this one given a sufficient allocation. I’ve got mine at least, and will be coming down Friday night and spending the weekend on the south coast. Can’t wait!

Out of interest, what’s the biggest away following you’ve had at the Amex? I’m assuming a southern team in the Carabao Cup or something, but would be mildly interested to know.
Liverpool this season in the cup I imagine as the stadium capacity was increased recently and they sold out the away end for the first time since with the higher 15%.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports