[Albion] FA Cup quarter final v Grimsby Sun 19th March 2.15

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
There are around 8K tickets available currently and there will be plenty left on Thursday. This will meander towards a complete sell out but probably not quite get there IMHO.
That is my gut feeling too. In which case, if it looks like that is happening then I hope the club releases a few more to Grimsby in the final few days. Wouldn't begrudge them another 500 tickets if we can't sell them.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
That is my gut feeling too. In which case, if it looks like that is happening then I hope the club releases a few more to Grimsby in the final few days. Wouldn't begrudge them another 500 tickets if we can't sell them.
Agree that Grimsby could easily sell more - their allocation is 4,621 for The Amex and they nearly took that many to Southampton in the 5th Round on a school night...

Looks like about 250 seats in W1A are not for sale but I doubt these can be given to Grimsby. E1G is fully on sale so no room for spread there either.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Just looking at tickets there, completely unrelated but why is Palace regarded as a Grade B game?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
is that even possible whilst maintaining segregation?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Looking at the ticket website I'm not sure we can give Grimsby anymore judging by what we've already sold in the blocks next to the away fans.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Well until @erkan's post above, I'd have assumed they'd keep a ESL block back that was adjacent to the away end and only sell those last minute. If he's right, Grimsby won't be getting more tickets.
Yep - plenty already sold in E1G, and W1A mostly gone, so no chance they'll get any more

About 7,800 left currently. 9am tomorrow will I suspect see a large % of those disappear to ST's bringing guests

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Well I hope you lot are having more fun getting tickets than we are. Town have had the master stroke of putting tickets on sale, in person only, immediately after tonight’s match v Newport, when with wind chill the temperature is forecast to be -3.

Alternatively, you can wait until midnight to buy online, which you won’t be able to anyway as our ticket system falls down as soon as more than one person tries to log-on at a time.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Well I hope you lot are having more fun getting tickets than we are. Town have had the master stroke of putting tickets on sale, in person only, immediately after tonight’s match v Newport, when with wind chill the temperature is forecast to be -3.

Alternatively, you can wait until midnight to buy online, which you won’t be able to anyway as our ticket system falls down as soon as more than one person tries to log-on at a time.
Whilst I admire the old school sentiment, that does seem a bit harsh. Good luck to yourself and your fellow fans queuing up tonight.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Love of a bit of old school cup ticketing 😂😂 Anyone in the queue already ?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
For those hoping to get tickets tomorrow, for groups with guests in, there are plenty of clusters of seats available still. Even for bigger groups or 8/10. Just be ready at 9am and you'll be fine.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Yep - plenty already sold in E1G, and W1A mostly gone, so no chance they'll get any more

About 7,800 left currently. 9am tomorrow will I suspect see a large % of those disappear to ST's bringing guests
This is where I'm at, me and another STH taking x 2 Albion + but also two guests.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

Crikey, sounds like fun! How are they going to manage that. Is it a free for all? I expect a fire drill around 75 mins then!

Out of interest what was the process for the saints game?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Frozen haddock anyone?

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Crikey, sounds like fun! How are they going to manage that. Is it a free for all? I expect a fire drill around 75 mins then!

Out of interest what was the process for the saints game?
They’re on sale to ST holders only, but there’s no loyalty system beyond that. We have almost 6,000 season ticket holders, so demand will almost certainly outstrip supply before it makes general sale.

It was the same process for Southampton, but we only sold about 2,500 to ST holders with another 2,000 being sold on general sale. This game, being on a weekend in a nice city, in our first FA Cup quarter final this side of WWII is a different equation altogether. It’s a huge game for us, irrespective of our tiny chances of a result.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports