Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup QF Draw Wed 1.3.23

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I wouldnt, much prefer it on our wide immaculate pitch than at their plaice (sorry).

Seriously, whilst its the FA cup, we're at home to 16th in League 2.
Indeed. And RDZ doesn't seem to make stupid wholesale changes like Southampton did. Our side will look like a league team with only one or two tweaks.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I said before Boro game that we’re going to win the FA Cup this year. It’s written in the stars! Very excited, hopefully can get tickets at Amex after enjoying a night out in Stoke yesterday. A sentence that’s rarely written too.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Matt Ryan came in for David Button at the QF stage in 2019.

Does Steele get the nod against Grimsby, or is it time to play Sanchez?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
£10-£15 tickets and we’ll sell out.
You say that, but if it's Saturday, there's a train strike. If it's Sunday, it's Mothers Day - a tricky social dilemma for those who honour their mothers or have to support their children in honouring their mothers/our wives and partners. Hi mum. Here's some flowers and chocolates - I'm off out the Albion.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The last time I went to a Brighton v Grimsby game must have been 88ish at the Goldstone, I was one of about a 4000 attendance watching Gary Chivers make his home debut.

it ended 0-0
I had a French exchange student staying with me that week, took him to the game. What a wonderful advert for English Football that was.

Greenbag50

Jun 1, 2016
Also, got to factor in a27 closed westbound at Lancing that weekend…. All weekend. If that coincides with train strike…. Bad news

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Also, got to factor in a27 closed westbound at Lancing that weekend…. All weekend. If that coincides with train strike…. Bad news
I can't remember what game it was, but didn't something similar get pushed back when it clashed with an Albion game?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
£10-£15 tickets and we’ll sell out.
It'll sell out at far higher prices than that. Maybe not £50 but definitely £30-£35.

We are one game from Wembley and only a third ever semi appearance. In fact, I reckon it'll sell out well in advance of the game.

Greenbag50

Jun 1, 2016
I can't remember what game it was, but didn't something similar get pushed back when it clashed with an Albion game?
If no trains and main south coast trunk road closed one way, what do you do?
Don’t know about previous closure, but is it/should it be a factor?
A27 pencilled in for closure west bound same place every weekend in March!!

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
My sisters were organising a get together (few days away every couple of years) - and chose April 22 w/e. I sort of jokingly said 'had a quick look - it's FA Cup semi-final weekend - I might be busy, ha,ha'. Glad they took it more seriously than I meant it now!
You think that's bad, I'm running the London Marathon on the Sunday. Now trying to work out how quickly I'd have to run that in order to be able to get up to Wembley if we get to the semi final and it's played the same day.......

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
You think that's bad, I'm running the London Marathon on the Sunday. Now trying to work out how quickly I'd have to run that in order to be able to get up to Wembley if we get to the semi final and it's played the same day.......
Just run a different route to the rest of them, ending up at Wembley Way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here