[Albion] FA Cup QF Draw Wed 1.3.23

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Just realised the Man Utd home Prem game will now have to be re-arranged too as well as the Newcastle away game. Fixture congestion building up.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
10:30 draw tonight ??

Don't they know I am old now, and can't stay up that late on a week night without medicine (Balvanie Caribbean single malt) two shots.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
When was the last time, before this season, that both BBC & ITV had live footie but different games? Tonight it's four games.
So what to watch on TV tonight.
19:15 Southampton v Grimsby Town ITV4 Start here to see how it goes.
19:30 Burnley v Fleetwood Town BBC iPlayer Fleeting glance maybe.
19:45 Man Utd v West Ham United ITV1 Second screen
19:55 Sheffield United v Tottenham Hotspur BBC One May need a third screen.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
When was the last time, before this season, that both BBC & ITV had live footie but different games? Tonight it's four games.
I’m going to watch Southampton v Grimsby first, and see how it goes.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Last season was the same, midweek 5th round started in the 2019/20 season so it’s been happening since then

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Was thinking a draw or double chance on this, whilst long shot I could see Southampton resting loads and Grimsby getting to 90 with a draw

If Southampton rest players for this then I will have no sympathy if they go down.

They should be embracing this fixture as a chance to go deep into a cup competition - they even beat Man City in the league cup quarters. That in itself would be a great morale boost to carry into the league.

If they rest players, they risk losing to Grimsby and those same championship standard players might well just carrying on losing at the weekend anyway.

Southampton starting line up looks really strong, without knowing I’d say that is 10 of the normal starting 11 with JWP on the subs bench

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Southampton starting line up looks really strong, without knowing I’d say that is 10 of the normal starting 11 with JWP on the subs bench
By 'really strong' I'm assuming you mean 'normal first-team line-up'. Rather than 'Southampton are a really strong team'?!

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
40th anniversary of Smith Must Score. Met my missus the night b4 the semi with Wednesday. A f***ing lifetime ago on both counts. Oh what sweet symmetry if we can go one better this year with the best Albion side I’ve ever seen. C’mon lads.
Wouldn't that mean you'd have to divorce her afterwards? :oops:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports