Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup QF Draw Wed 1.3.23

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
If I’m reading correctly (I’m probably not) re the train strikes that weekend, trips to Blackburn, Burnley, Grimsby, Manchester (by rail) are almost impossible?

London/Southampton OK?

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
The spoiler is Sat 18th its a jolly for these lazy railwaymen so no trains. Obviously Manure on Sunday 19th will become another game for midweek to be arranged. Given the rail strike lets hope TV doesnt fvck us over and insist on a Saturday (could happen - if so hope club put in strong case for change especially if its at home)
I think Man Utd are playing in Europa League on Thursday 16th, so whoever gets them will be on Sunday. Also means only one of the other 3 games will be on Sunday. I think what I'm trying to say is that if we avoid Man Utd then we have a 2 in 3 chance of being on Saturday. All matches will be affected by rail strikes so if the FA get lucky, it'll be Blackburn vs Burnley & Spurs vs Fulham on the Saturday. City vs Utd and we'll get Southampton/Grimsby at home.

Not much to hope for!

In reality we'll be away to anyone but Utd and it'll be 8pm Saturday night.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
It will be Blackburn away. Good ticket allocation is one of the only upsides of a trip to Blackburn, however.

We are saving Citeh for the final.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Hoping for Blackburn away, as I might be able to make it from up north.

Burnley are a tougher proposition than Southampton on current form.

Let the Mancs and Tottenham knock each other out. Cursed Fulham - just avoid at all costs!

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
It could be at home to Manure Sunday and even a 2pm ko....just turn up for the cup instead of the league

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Playing the championship sides is quite a good indicator of what the early rounds of European football would be like if we ever made it.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I'd take Fulham. We're the better side and they know it. I think we'd beat them home or away,

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
It will be Man U since we were scheduled to play them anyway but if Man U / man c / spurs / Fulham get paired up between them that would be lovely.

Would be good to play spurs in the final since they would bottle it.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
5 of our last 7 FA cup draws have been away so it would be nice to get a home tie for once.
I know we're generally better on the road but I'd fancy us against anyone at home in the cup. Not based on any stats particularly, but I think having the home support makes a bigger difference in a one-off cup tie. Would expect the Amex to have a noticeably amped up feel about it for a United/City home tie in a cup QF.

That said, can we have the lowest ranked team left in it, please.

Hudson Hawk

Feb 20, 2017
Upper Beeding
It could be at home to Manure Sunday and even a 2pm ko....just turn up for the cup instead of the league

I'm hoping this isn't the case as i'm already getting it in the ear from the other half about it being mothers day, regardless of me telling her she's not my mother.

Guaranteed for a Sunday TV appearance whoever we get!

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
Don't know if this will affect us, but Lewes women are home to Man U in the womens FA cup quarter finals on Sunday 19th March, with an expected 14:00 KO. Tickets for Lewes game haven't been released so I guess the game could be moved, unless there are TV interests/ FA rules that say all the womens QF games have to played at the same time?

Given the train strikes / disruption, would the FA let Lewes and Brighton both play their FA cup ties on the Sunday, if albion get a home draw?

I really want to go to both games. Ideal would be Lewes womens gets moved to Saturday and we get a home draw for Sunday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here