Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup QF Draw Wed 1.3.23

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
As long as one tie involves two of City, United and Spurs playing each other and us playing none of them I’m happy

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
You think Grimsby are likely to beat Southampton? If so I suggest you put some money down as Grimsby are 10/1 to win in normal time or 11/2 to qualify!
Was thinking a draw or double chance on this, whilst long shot I could see Southampton resting loads and Grimsby getting to 90 with a draw

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
I would like:
Us v Grimsby*
Man Utd* v Spurs*
City v Fulham
Burnley* v Blackburn

*Based on most likely results tonight. Burnley/Blackburn in the semis
Uncanny, that was also my choice. But you know fate would have us against Fulham in the Quarter final, Citeh in the semi's and United in the final. But this time we WIN THE BLOODY THING!!

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
The spoiler is Sat 18th its a jolly for these lazy railwaymen so no trains. Obviously Manure on Sunday 19th will become another game for midweek to be arranged. Given the rail strike lets hope TV doesnt fvck us over and insist on a Saturday (could happen - if so hope club put in strong case for change especially if its at home)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Was thinking a draw or double chance on this, whilst long shot I could see Southampton resting loads and Grimsby getting to 90 with a draw
If Southampton rest players for this then I will have no sympathy if they go down.

They should be embracing this fixture as a chance to go deep into a cup competition - they even beat Man City in the league cup quarters. That in itself would be a great morale boost to carry into the league.

If they rest players, they risk losing to Grimsby and those same championship standard players might well just carrying on losing at the weekend anyway.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
If Southampton rest players for this then I will have no sympathy if they go down.

They should be embracing this fixture as a chance to go deep into a cup competition - they even beat Man City in the league cup quarters. That in itself would be a great morale boost to carry into the league.

If they rest players, they risk losing to Grimsby and those same championship standard players might well just carrying on losing at the weekend anyway.

I agree, but for what ever reason managers tend not to see it like that, they will point to a winnable home game at the weekend.

You have sympathy if they go down?

Surely family bragging rights come first....

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The spoiler is Sat 18th its a jolly for these lazy railwaymen so no trains. Obviously Manure on Sunday 19th will become another game for midweek to be arranged. Given the rail strike lets hope TV doesnt fvck us over and insist on a Saturday (could happen - if so hope club put in strong case for change especially if its at home)
Won't it be midweek again?

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
How would our chances of winning the cup be affected by being drawn to play Man City at The Amex....?

Must be a good case for us having a lot more chance of catching them cold in a QF with our own fans than we would have in a Wembley showpiece...???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here