Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA Cup odds

Joshski

Mar 18, 2008
40/1 for Brighton to reach the semi final could be worth a punt and would involve beating MK Dons plus 3 other teams, some of which would most likely be from below the Prem...

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
40/1 for Brighton to reach the semi final could be worth a punt and would involve beating MK Dons plus 3 other teams, some of which would most likely be from below the Prem...

Seeing as our first team has managed it once in 115 years I can't see our reserves doing it now.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I thought I'd post this because I've got a sneaky feeling we are going to go deep into the competition. I don't know why, and we all know the priority is promotion but I really do think it might happen with a kind draw.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/fa-cup/winner

Widely available at 100/1, best price 125/1. Maybe worth an each-way punt?

Well I'd have to agree with the majority, can't see CH having any enthusiasm for the FA Cup. BUT, because we are being offered at a very generous 125/1 by bet365 I've invested a fiver. Mostly because I'd kick my own arse if (after your post) we did win. And also that a couple of decent home draws, a bit of luck ..or skill, there's the possibility of 'Cashing Out' with a modest profit.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I don't believe what I'm reading. A rough ended quote of 'let's hope our team loses'?
Total cockwombles for even thinking that. Don't give me that concentrating on the league bullshit, what will the excuse be next year? trying to stay in the league no doubt. Our squad is strong enough to field a cup side......it's also a chance for the younger players to step up and show us what this academy is teaching them. It is the biggest domestic cup competition in the world. It is viewed by millions around the world. A chance is there to gain a worldwide fan base so stop being mr grumpy killjoy pessimistic pants and get behind our team whoever represents us
:rant::albion2:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Imagine Murray played in an FA Cup game and got injured...just the thought of it...I almost actively want us to go out. I realise that's a bit ridiculous, but this season the league is SO SO SO much more important, for so many reasons.

Alternatively, if like many years previous, everybody played their best team and all had an equal chance of injuries.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
If we were a middling side with little else going on, then sure, but right now isn't really the best time to be chasing a cup, TB did not invest all that money in keeping the squad to win the FA cup this year.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Alternatively, if like many years previous, everybody played their best team and all had an equal chance of injuries.

Not sure of your point. We have a 1 in 64 (?) or something chance of winning the FA Cup, which obviously brings prestige but very little in the way of money or security.

Meanwhile, we have about a 1 in 2 (possibly better) chance of being Promoted, which is hugely more significant for the club.

If you asked me to name the last 3 FA Cup winners I'd really struggle. Sadly no one really gives a toss anymore.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here