Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA Cup happy to be out of it?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I thought that the Fa Cup game was something we didn't want to play at this stage of the season with the injuries to our squad but I doubt Hull were that interested too and both teams focus will be the league. (Home advantage was going to play a fair bit in the result)

All I can say is I'm glad that it is a definite result rather than a draw and yet another match which is something that we didn't want and I'm not disappointed by the result - a cup run could have damaged our promotion push which must be the priority given our league position

If we had a fully fit or nearly fully fit squad, then it may well have been different

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
On the whole yes I'm ok with us being out but it's never good to lose a football match and it doesn't sound like there were many positives.
Just got to hope that the squad puts that behind them and delivers a much needed win Tuesday!

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
So you think it would have been good for the condition of our squad to go deeper into the FA Cup?

No but why not play the DS side - many of them will ultimately be our future in the next season or two, especially as the loan window disappears next season. Many of those we played today such as Holla and Chicksen have no future at the Albion so why waste space playing them?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
What with the side we put out are you unhinged? Hughton is no fool he went there to lose and not pick up anymore injuries!
Who's unhinged?

If he went there to lose then Hughton is a bloody fool-not to mention being disrespectful to the travelling support. Losing becomes a habit as does failing to score in nearly 500 minutes of football.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Very pleased we're out of it .... but it would have been nice to score a goal ... just to show we haven't completely lost the knack.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not happy to be out of the cup. But happy to see Baldock and Kaz back. Massive respect to those who travelled to the game.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
When we got Hull away in the draw all interest I had for the competition drained away. Meh.

Shame, I love the FA Cup.

My thoughts entirely. A real shame as I am sure that in previous posts last year, I would have argued that the cup is to be treasured, but there are other priorities. It will also give the team a rest day on the 30th, and when the match at Hull is re-arranged, presumably in February or March, we should be stronger with perhaps then Bong and Uwe available for selection, plus any newcomers.
Perhaps it is similar to the Walsall game, in that the fringe players are lacking, and clearly are not going to make it at Championship level, let alone PL. I say this without any rancour, and hope that they find a club that will offer them the chance of first team football, albeit at a lower level. Good news in that KLL and SB had playing time -the league is our clear priority this year.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
No bucking annoyed about it.

I want us to try and win every match. I want us to look like we can score goals. I want us to play for our fans who paid a lot of money on travelling and match tickets.

I want us to win to build up momentum that has deserted us completely.

Still may make my first away game of the season at the madjeski for the town replay.
Yes that's how I see it. I want Brighton to at least attempt to win a game and not give up before kick-off, cup game or league.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not pleased to hav lost a game but consider that Tuesday is a must win at all costs game and of much more importance so lets get going again Tuesday.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Who's unhinged?

If he went there to lose then Hughton is a bloody fool-not to mention being disrespectful to the travelling support. Losing becomes a habit as does failing to score in nearly 500 minutes of football.

We lost to Walsall in August. It didn't do us any harm. Those who travelled to Hull knew full well what sort of team to expect.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
4 Points from the next two away games is a must to put us back on track, we were never going to win the cup so if we are back in the mix for automatic I will be happy.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
No but why not play the DS side - many of them will ultimately be our future in the next season or two, especially as the loan window disappears next season. Many of those we played today such as Holla and Chicksen have no future at the Albion so why waste space playing them?

They are already getting game time; at this moment we needed to blood new signings and injuries at the safest and highest level possible. As a side note pleased to here Towell didn't look out of place.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Who's unhinged?

I think I would agree with you if the usual 11 had been playing, but this was clearly a reserve team, by and large, and I don't think that you could justify saying that losing becomes a habit to the same extent, though the next few games may of course prove you right, I accept.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Never happy for The Albion to loose any game, though considering our league position, injuries and the need for certain players to be rested this is the least disappointed I have ever been for us to lose........and that includes friendlies

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Disappointed? Yes, but the league is a far higher priority at this point. My concern is that very few of the squad look like they are capable of putting pressure on the first XI and that is a worry. Ideally I'd like to see Chris freshen the squad as well as the 1st team if he can during this window. Tough ask in January though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here