Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup Fourth Round TV fixtures

Pick your seven live TV choices

• Total voters

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
We won’t be picked for TV, which is absolutely fine as 3pm suits us best for the preceding and following EPL matches.
I can’t believe that we’ve been drawn away yet again though FFS.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can't see there being much interest in ours by the broadcasters, so not too concerned about it being switched for TV.

Of course its the LAW that every single Manure FA Cup game MUST be shown live, regardless of who it is they are playing. :rolleyes:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We can be moved.
This is what the PL site says:

Fulham v Everton, Luton Town v Brighton, Crystal Palace v Sheff Utd
Original date Tuesday 30 January 2024 19:45 GMT
Details Should any of these clubs have their FA Cup fourth-round tie moved to the preceding Sunday, their subsequent Premier League match is subject to movement.

Ah - fair enough.

That could be annoying for some of those buying Luton tickets tomorrow morning.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Six absolute definites, then one of a few could be the 7th but with the Hollywood factor I think Blackburn v Wrexham might trump our game.

Spurs v Man C
Chelsea v Villa
Liverpool v Norwich/Bristol R
Eastleigh/Newport v Man U
Fulham v Newcastle
Ipswich v Maidstone
Exactly as I see it.

mile oak

May 21, 2023
Play Luton 30th so Sheff U gonna be Sat 27 or might be Fri 26 but thats highly unlikely its not a big game to the TV companies.

Seagull Stew

Any game where EFL are playing EPL at home, plus Maidstone game, plus the big prem games. Our game with Sheff Utd just sneaks in, but I think it was fair if we just lost out to say West Brom V Brentford / Wolves. I wouldn't choose Liverpool at home to Norwich but maybe Bristol Rovers (maybe).

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Can't see there being much interest in ours by the broadcasters, so not too concerned about it being switched for TV.

Of course its the LAW that every single Manure FA Cup game MUST be shown live, regardless of who it is they are playing. :rolleyes:
Wrexham are the lower league United for media fawning over so that’ll be another nailed on choice imo.

Absolutely nothing attractive about our game, hell even as a Brighton fan I am a bit meh about it and will be until kick off.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Great draw for those looking to boost their Loyalty Points ahead of the Europa League away fixture on March 7th. I’d imagine it will attract 15 points, which means a whopping 30 points for a couple of visits to Sheffield in close succession.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
Blackburn's biggest game in their history against media darlings Wrexham is bound to be shown :rolleyes:

Jimmy Grimble

Does anyone know when these are announced?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We see premier crap every week. Let’s get back to seeing good old proper football from teams who never get on tv. I voted for non prem teams

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS

Just did a search on this, as I knew they'd had a hefty run of cup games being broadcast, and saw that in early December, there was a headline in The S*n stating that the game against Wigan was Man Utd's 86th televised match of their last 87 in all cup competitions. Crazy.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We see premier crap every week. Let’s get back to seeing good old proper football from teams who never get on tv. I voted for non prem teams
Ah but they're all on Sky / TNT / Amazon, this is ITV and BBC getting to show them so they won't care

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just did a search on this, as I knew they'd had a hefty run of cup games being broadcast, and saw that in early December, there was a headline in The S*n stating that the game against Wigan was Man Utd's 86th televised match of their last 87 in all cup competitions. Crazy.
The justification will be that Man U draw in the "biggest audience" (due to the vast swathes of armchair plastics), and thats probably true.. Still doesn't justify it though. They are a SHIT watch, and have been for years.

I have a vague recollection of them having an FA Cup replay at Exeter which was not televised (looking this up, it was on 19.01.2005). They won 2-0. So yeah, since that they've probably had every single cup tie for the last 19 years selected for TV.

Pathetic.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I've only just twigged that Wednesday and United both have home fixtures. I suspect the police will ask the FA to shift one of the matches.

el punal

You mean us from twenty years ago? I prefer us playing Premier crap every week. I take your point though about seeing teams from lower leagues in the spotlight for a change.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Wrexham are the lower league United for media fawning over so that’ll be another nailed on choice imo.

Absolutely nothing attractive about our game, hell even as a Brighton fan I am a bit meh about it and will be until kick off.
Wrexham will be on S4C so no need to show it elsewhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here