FA Cup Fourth Round Draw - Albion will play Swansea City or Arsenal at the Amex

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Only downside is the price Arsenal may insist on.

It won't be any more than yesterday!
(and I am 99.999% certain it won't be any less either!)

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I can't see how United at home to either Fulham or Blackpool and Luton away to Norwich could be seen by either ITV or ESPN as more appealing than our tie. If United were drawn away and Luton at home then maybe

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Arsenal's games before they play us:

Man City
Swansea (replay)
Chelsea
West Ham
Us
Liverpool (mid week after)

Swansea also have 3 cup games before our game, so both teams could be tired/low on confidence

16 bit 44.1

May 17, 2011
Hove
Swansea-Superb success story with proper fans, will take the game very seriously
Arsenal-Might not field their strongest side due to facing Chelsea a week before and facing Liverpool in 4, potentially 3 days time.

Fair enough. I hope thats not the case and I am fairly confident that they will realistically view the FA Cup as their best chance for a trophy this season.

As for proper fans? How are they any less "proper" than Swansea's fans?

Slysi1976

Jul 10, 2012
Brighton
As someone said it probs won't be Monday night because they play Liverpool on the Wednesday. I'm going for Saturday 5:20pm.thats if it is arsenal...

D

Deleted member 18477

I can't see how United at home to either Fulham or Blackpool and Luton away to Norwich could be seen by either ITV or ESPN as more appealing than our tie. If United were drawn away and Luton at home then maybe

TV loves Man Utd.

Norwich (prem) v Luton (non-league) possible fa cup shock? TV loves a cupset. (Upset in cup).

On another thread... ESPN are scheduled for fri night, sat lunchtime and sun evening so ITV will be sat evening or sun lunchtime! No Monday game.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
would that put it on the Monday?

These are last seasons fourth round games and there wasn't a Monday game
Friday 27th January Watford v Tottenham Hotspur, 7.45pm - Live on ESPN
Saturday 28th January Liverpool v Manchester United, 12.45pm - Live on ITV1
Brighton & Hove Albion or Wrexham v Newcastle United, 5.15pm - Live on ESPN
Sunday 29th January Sunderland v Middlesbrough, 1.30pm - Live on ITV1
Arsenal v Aston Villa, 4pm - Live on ESPN

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Fair enough. I hope thats not the case and I am fairly confident that they will realistically view the FA Cup as their best chance for a trophy this season.

As for proper fans? How are they any less "proper" than Swansea's fans?
Fans who have experienced the depths of lower league football, and deserve the success they are currently enjoying. Not fans who see their team play 2 or 3 times a season. Obviously there are some exceptions, but I hate the plastic nature of fans of big clubs.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

United have a large fan base so likely to attract a good viewing figure (which helps boost the TV companies advertising sales / income)

And possibly Norwich vs Luton because its the fairytale of the cup with minnows playing top flight sides and the Macclesfield game may be picked as they are the lowest side left in the competition.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I believe there was 26,400 odd that day,should be able to beat that this time!

Doubt it, whilst Arsenal might bring an extra 1,500 compared to Newcastle, can't expect people who could not afford to watch us against Newcastle to find the money for Arsenal, and many people will be skint as near the end of the month. The Albion are not going to reduce prices, so probably about 23,800.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
United have a large fan base so likely to attract a good viewing figure (which helps boost the TV companies advertising sales / income)

And possibly Norwich vs Luton because its the fairytale of the cup with minnows playing top flight sides and the Macclesfield game may be picked as they are the lowest side left in the competition.

It's ITV and ESPN, they could not give a shit about the romance of the cup, it's just viewing figures that matter.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
whenever it is, i just hope my wife doesnt go into labour near that weekend, due on the 31st :glare:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Doubt it, whilst Arsenal might bring an extra 1,500 compared to Newcastle, can't expect people who could not afford to watch us against Newcastle to find the money for Arsenal, and many people will be skint as near the end of the month. The Albion are not going to reduce prices, so probably about 23,800.
3 more STH's will be going, as I work Sat mornings and couldn't go, yesterday. That weekend is my day off, so I don't care when it is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports