Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA Cup First Round Draw

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Southwick were also County 1 when they played Bournemouth in the first round in 1974

Ringmer lost 3-0 was i think the 1st time they entered as previous season was in county 2 & think bournemouth won 9-0 ! So think its also the best result by a county league team and ringmer where upto that time the only village team to get that far . Littlehampton i think got there but lost 4-0!

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Hoping York City make it through to round 3 and we get drawn away there. Great city for drinking and not that far from me.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
No Hastings, or Havant and waterlooville - I remember these teams doing rather well in recent years.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
No Hastings, or Havant and waterlooville - I remember these teams doing rather well in recent years.

They didn't come close this year. Hastings lost in the first qualifying round to Guernsey. Havant & Waterlooville lost in the second qualifying round to Gloucester City.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Ringmer lost 3-0 was i think the 1st time they entered as previous season was in county 2 & think bournemouth won 9-0 ! So think its also the best result by a county league team and ringmer where upto that time the only village team to get that far . Littlehampton i think got there but lost 4-0!

I think 71 was about the year Bournemouth beat Margate 11-0 and Ted MacDougall got 9 of them.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Your right Questions . I was refering to Bournemouth beating southwick though.

Ted Mcdougall is his 9 goals a record ? must be ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Grimsby v Scunthorpe Rotherham v Bradford and Welling v Luton look tasty.

Codheads v S***** , a nice bit of exercise for the Lincolnshire mounted police unit and police dog handlers :lol:

Weatherman

Jun 10, 2008
I think 71 was about the year Bournemouth beat Margate 11-0 and Ted MacDougall got 9 of them.
I thought that was 1973.
Southwick lost 5-0 at Bournemouth - 2 late goals making it look worse than it really was and had a goal disallowed just before half time with the score at 2-0. Brian Powney was player manager.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
My mate plays for Dover so he will be happy at a winnable game to get to the third round, (assuming of course they win the match in round two!!)

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
I thought that was 1973.
Southwick lost 5-0 at Bournemouth - 2 late goals making it look worse than it really was and had a goal disallowed just before half time with the score at 2-0. Brian Powney was player manager.
One of my old teachers played in that game for Southwick, Martin Timmins. He used to love telling us about it during English lessons.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Shortwood United have beaten Aldershot Town in their replay - magic of the cup and all that.

Of course, their now home game vs Port Vale will be on TV. Would their little ground be able to cope ? Or would it be moved to Forest Green Rovers' ground down the road ?

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Shortwood United have beaten Aldershot Town in their replay - magic of the cup and all that.

Of course, their now home game vs Port Vale will be on TV. Would their little ground be able to cope ? Or would it be moved to Forest Green Rovers' ground down the road ?

Well done Shortwood the better team over 2 games.Shambolic shambles by a load of ****s in red and blue tonight.We are going down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here