Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup Fifth Round 28/2 - 1/3/23

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
So crap this being mid-week, its the new League Cup

Is this a one off for season 22/23 because of the WC or will this be the usual from now?

Think it started couple of seasons ago.
5th round games have been midweek since the 19-20 season (the 5th round was completed before the Covid shutdown of football so the move isn’t Covid related).

It was requested by the Premier League after fixture congestion in the 18-19 season.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Any suggestions for Parking at Stoke? Heard its a nightmare after the game but never been.
As it's just off the A50 it's there or nowhere. Plenty of parking, charge around £5. But leaving will be slow I'd imagine unless, unlike the Amex, they give priority to football traffic getting out onto the A50. Longton Rugby Club are 20 minutes past the ground (walking) and say you can leave south down Stanley Mathews Way and double back onto the A50 one junction further on, but not sure of that. Look it up.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
That 1986 game was a first "big game" for me with my schoolmates rather than with an accompanying adult. Was in the North Stand by about 1.30 with the atmosphere building all afternoon, despite a strange absence of Saints fans. Then, suddenly, they all poured into the away end to a rousing chorus of "who the ****ing hell are you?".

The match itself I don't think we were ever in. I've just looked up the lineup and they had Shilton in goal, a certain Jimmy Case in midfield and one Andy Townsend on the bench.

Anyway, let's hope for better luck against a red and white striped oppo tomorrow. As @Simster correctly points out Stoke are shit, therefore we'll have our work cut out.
The match after the Quarter Final was at home to Stoke City. One wag at the Southampton match said 'So it's back to 8,000 next week then'. He was right.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That 1986 game was a first "big game" for me with my schoolmates rather than with an accompanying adult. Was in the North Stand by about 1.30 with the atmosphere building all afternoon, despite a strange absence of Saints fans. Then, suddenly, they all poured into the away end to a rousing chorus of "who the ****ing hell are you?".

The match itself I don't think we were ever in. I've just looked up the lineup and they had Shilton in goal, a certain Jimmy Case in midfield and one Andy Townsend on the bench.

Anyway, let's hope for better luck against a red and white striped oppo tomorrow. As @Simster correctly points out Stoke are shit, therefore we'll have our work cut out.
It was the game after the Peterborough tie (where we took 6,000) and a big gate in 1985/6 for us was around 17,000. That day we had 26,000, it was rammed in the north and a really good atmosphere. Then the match kicked off and we were as bad as we had been all season. From the moment Steve Moran scored, we were gash. Then Eric Young looked like he couldn't be arsed as he stood and chaperoned Glenn Cockerill into our box to just pass the ball into our net. Second half we didn't look like scoring.

One of the most disappointing games of that era for me.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I hope that arrogant Manure pay the price for benching their two current best players (Rashford & Casemiro) against the Hammers tonight. Whilst we’ll probably draw Citeh rather than the red side, it’ll still mean for a slightly less stressful draw.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Southampton fans will be disappointed with that first half :lol:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Why don't some folk understand VAR timings ?

A VAR incident lasts ten minutes. It occurs in the 42nd minute. Therefore, regardless of the VAR length you can only add on three minutes (plus anything else that was due).

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Why don't some folk understand VAR timings ?

A VAR incident lasts ten minutes. It occurs in the 42nd minute. Therefore, regardless of the VAR length you can only add on three minutes (plus anything else that was due).
Yeah, but it took ten minutes innit. You fik?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here