Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA Cup Draw - Everton please.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Lot of changed views on here.

In the past a large number have slated clubs for not taking the cup seriously and devaluing it, now you want to do the same.

Certainly are PLR!

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
we are BHAFC in the championship,The FA Cup should be as important to gaining promotion.

No chance.

We've got a guaranteed chance at a good FA Cup run every single year.
This (fingers crossed) is our 3rd real chance to reach the promised land in how many years?!

Get into the Premier League just this once.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Is anyone going to try and get tickets for Everton/Whitehawk if they get through?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
we shall have to agree to disagree chap

we are BHAFC in the championship,The FA Cup should be as important to gaining promotion.

we are not Arsenal,Man Utd or Chelsea who diminish the cup in favour of gaining a champions league place

we are fracking brilliant but we are not more important than the Cup

I agree, I like to always make a good attempt at the FA Cup ; however I do understand that the Manager and the coaches and the medical team put a lot of time and effort into getting us into a position where we are sitting top of the Championship. They are reluctant to potentially jeopordise that by risking injury to key players which might affect the run in to the end of the season.

That said, as I posted earlier. This is a fixture which we can use to trial some key fringe players who have not had too much exposure to league matches so far.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Is anyone going to try and get tickets for Everton/Whitehawk if they get through?

Not me, but I did think that it's possible that the games will be on different days, so many might take in both.

Unlike others, I am OK with this draw. I was hoping to go up to Hull anyway, and now I can do it without the angst of it being too important. However, I realise this is a bit selfish and I'm equally gutted that I now won't be there to support the team in the league game. Overall, it's probably not good for the club that the support for the important league game will now be seriously diminished.

Big_Unit

Sep 5, 2011
Hove
Crappy Club away draw
Unleash the full force of The Albion on them.
Make them pray they never have to play us again.

Beat the no marks in the 4th round then the 5th

Cruise into the final

Smash the contenders in the league whilst at it.

The day you give up on the dream of reaching the FA Cup final in preference of some squad freshness for the benefit of league position is the day you should wake up and realise the tossers that run the game for money have bought your sorry arse

I don't necessarily agree with this post, but I love it anyway.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Maaenpaa
Calde Goldson Ince Chicksen
Manu Crofts Holla Monakana
JFC Tilley

or something like that.
PG

Jan 30, 2008
I went to Walsall, where Hughton made 10 changes. Do I regret it? Do I wish we were still in the League cup? No & no.

Getting promoted will bring in lots & lots more money than cup money.
and there you have it ,everything shit about professional football did you watch panorama last night:whistle:
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
Why risk players essential to our promotion push against a promotion rival in a competition which isn't a priority this year ?

1) Get promoted and we'll have a far better squad to attempt FA Cup glory in future seasons.

2) The temptation for a no-mark Hull reserve to 'accidentally' injure one of our key players can't be overlooked.
clutching at straws , playing in the FA cup is a joke for most of the prem clubs ,would we be any different?
regards
DR

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Maaenpaa
Calde Goldson Ince Chicksen
Manu Crofts Holla Monakana
JFC Tilley

or something like that.
PG

It doesn't even have to be as many of the fringe players. It only needs to be 4 or 5 of them. Also it will be a good game to bring the lads who might be returning from injury some game time

Weatherman

Jun 10, 2008
Of course most of this extra money that comes with promotion people keep going on about will just end up in the players bank accounts.
There was a time when teams tried to win every game , league or cup. . With the huge salaries players now are already on they should be expected to perform in every game whether league or cup.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here