Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup challenge round 11

Quattourdecim

Jan 28, 2024
Hi all,

I'm trying to do an FA Cup challenge this year of following the winner through all fourteen rounds with my seven year old son.

We started at Wembley FC (who lost after a replay to Bearsted) on 5 August and were at the Black Country Derby yesterday (thankfully no violence around us).

For the next round I'd rather be in the away end with Brighton fans but it looks like it might be restricted to members only. I don't know if anyone can confirm or offer any insight?

I presume that you won't sell 4,000+ tickets for a midweek match?

Any advice very much appreciated.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Good luck with your quest!

I don't think our away tickets ever reach general sale, ie anyone can buy. Generally "previous purchase history" is required.

There's no way we'll sell out this one for a few reasons - midweek and we're away somewhere in Europe the following midweek - but I'm not sure how you'll get a ticket without, possibly, joining our membership scheme.

No-one will buy one for you, not out of lack of charity, but there are harsh penalties for handing on away tickets, our club do random ID checks at away grounds and no-one would want to take the risk.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
What I would add, is if your goal is to follow right through to the final "IF" we were to get through you would almost certainly need membership for the following round(s). With that said it might be worth pre-empting and getting the membership now, which in theory would pretty much guarantee tickets for the Wolves away game, and possibly a head start for any potential following round's. Either good luck and hope you both get to complete it.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Hi all,

I'm trying to do an FA Cup challenge this year of following the winner through all fourteen rounds with my seven year old son.

We started at Wembley FC (who lost after a replay to Bearsted) on 5 August and were at the Black Country Derby yesterday (thankfully no violence around us).

For the next round I'd rather be in the away end with Brighton fans but it looks like it might be restricted to members only. I don't know if anyone can confirm or offer any insight?

I presume that you won't sell 4,000+ tickets for a midweek match?

Any advice very much appreciated.
What a cool idea and great to share with your young son.

You'd be most welcome but unless you go for for myalbion+ membership today (and it takes a few weeks, so would need to be pronto) it may be difficult, you may have better chance with Wolves home sections?

Or you could try and call our ticket office for general advice, they're a friendly bunch

01273 668855

Option 1 - all ticketing (then * key when prompted for no membership number).

Option 4 next will get you speaking to a ticket office rep for general advice, though Option 3 is to join myalbion+ membership scheme.

If you do manage, check back in and let us know.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
You got a decent little run there, and you got to visit Lewes, one of my favourite grounds in the country. There may well be the option to buy guest tickets if they are expecting sales to be slow.

Quattourdecim

Jan 28, 2024
You got a decent little run there, and you got to visit Lewes, one of my favourite grounds in the country. There may well be the option to buy guest tickets if they are expecting sales to be slow.
Yes Lewes was a great ground (even though the journey on a strike day from East London was fairly hellish) and Swindon 4 Aldershot 7 was the kind of match I'll never see again!

Quattourdecim

Jan 28, 2024
What I would add, is if your goal is to follow right through to the final "IF" we were to get through you would almost certainly need membership for the following round(s). With that said it might be worth pre-empting and getting the membership now, which in theory would pretty much guarantee tickets for the Wolves away game, and possibly a head start for any potential following round's. Either good luck and hope you both get to complete it.
Thanks Charley,

I gave the ticket office (a very friendly and helpful Harry) a call and they were quite clear that I'd probably be best off going in the home end (which I guess is a back up but I really don't want to sit with Wolves fans) and that even membership isn't a guarantee for this round or future ones.

But based on your advice I decided to get memberships for me and my son. They thought the tickets would go on sale within 14days but hopefully I can still get in.

Will let you know when I get them or if I have to resort to the home end.

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Thanks Charley,

I gave the ticket office (a very friendly and helpful Harry) a call and they were quite clear that I'd probably be best off going in the home end (which I guess is a back up but I really don't want to sit with Wolves fans) and that even membership isn't a guarantee for this round or future ones.

But based on your advice I decided to get memberships for me and my son. They thought the tickets would go on sale within 14days but hopefully I can still get in.

I'd be astounded if you aren't able to get tickets for this game, obviously there's no 100% guarantee but think you'll be fine.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Thanks Charley,

You'll be pleased when your membership pack comes through.

:thumbsup:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I would think if you are in the main stand opposite the away fans you'd be absolutely fine. You don't have an allegience so guessing you're not going to leap for joy when we score our 1st/2nd/3rd/4th/5th etc (delete where applicable). You should speak to Wolves ticket office to see what they suggest.

Quattourdecim

Jan 28, 2024
Thanks for all your help I just managed to get us two tickets.

Have gone for second row on the end in the middle block so we don't annoy anyone with frequent toilet breaks (he had four wees in a match when we saw Barcelona v Real Sociadad!). Hopefully the Wolves fans don't throw stuff into us like they did when I saw Norwich beat them in the playoff semi finals in 2002...

Let me know anyone who is going who'd like to meet to say hello/join a selfie. We were aiming to go with/meet someone at every round and had achieved that up until the Black Country Derby last round. We're getting the 1640 up from Euston and staying over.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

Have gone for second row on the end in the middle block so we don't annoy anyone with frequent toilet breaks (he had four wees in a match when we saw Barcelona v Real Sociadad!). Hopefully the Wolves fans don't throw stuff into us like they did when I saw Norwich beat them in the playoff semi finals in 2002...

Let me know anyone who is going who'd like to meet to say hello/join a selfie. We were aiming to go with/meet someone at every round and had achieved that up until the Black Country Derby last round. We're getting the 1640 up from Euston and staying over.
That is the train I am planning on being on, so could possibly see you on board.

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks

Glad you got those memberships, you might of been ok without them, but at least you've got the guaranteed tickets now. Hope you both have a great night.

Quattourdecim

Jan 28, 2024
No worries. Shame I won't get to continue my journey with Brighton.

My son was very excited to see Fati as we last saw him at the Nou Camp in May. Didn't seem like a line leader though and Wellbeck improved the team.

Seemed to be a strange forcefield around the Wolves goal as a few times (including Wellbeck's header) where I was sure it would be a goal and missed.

Would've been a brilliant end of Steele could've scored at the end, probably the player you least wanted on the end of it.

Hopefully not too difficult to get tickets for the quarter finals but the semi will definitely be tricky.
Apologies boss completely forgot about this, enjoy Wolves at home in the next round!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here