Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] FA Cup - Boro knock out Conte’s Spuds

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I do hope Boro are in the process of sending GPott and the boys a nice gift basket or something to say thank you.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Well done

Tottenham really are inconsistent. Great against Brighton, City and Leeds and pretty awful yesterday and against Burnley.

I hope Middlesbrough win it but suppose it will be a big five club as usual.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Well done

Tottenham really are inconsistent. Great against Brighton, City and Leeds and pretty awful yesterday and against Burnley.

I hope Middlesbrough win it but suppose it will be a big five club as usual.

It’s only the big 5 because other teams put out sides that are too week….take palace last night with a 1/4 final up for grabs, 17 year old debut at the back ( played ok TBF) 3rd choice right back and an experiment in midfield. If other teams in the premier took this cup seriously I am pretty sure we would see clubs other than the big 5 in the final.

I for one would swap relegation for one FA cup win in my lifetime.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It’s only the big 5 because other teams put out sides that are too week….take palace last night with a 1/4 final up for grabs, 17 year old debut at the back ( played ok TBF) 3rd choice right back and an experiment in midfield. If other teams in the premier took this cup seriously I am pretty sure we would see clubs other than the big 5 in the final.
Palace's team obviously wasn't too weak.

SAC

May 21, 2014
No they won but made it hard work, it’s the FA cup and in my humble opinion the strongest team should be playing….or am I just an old fuddyduddy ?

I think most fans would agree with you, certainly the older ones who remember the FA Cup in its prime. Unfortunately a lot of clubs see it as a distraction until the Wembley matches. Managers use it as a glorified training match, a way to test fringe players and possibly an U23 or two.

Both Palace and Brighton look to have taken it more seriously than in recent seasons.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No they won but made it hard work, it’s the FA cup and in my humble opinion the strongest team should be playing….or am I just an old fuddyduddy ?
Yes, I agree - just that Palace was perhaps not the best example to use, considering that they won.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
A Boro mate of mine is buzzing. Pleased for the teen lad with his thunderbolt shot!

Is your mate looking forward to going to Selhurst in the next round ?

As Palace are contractually ensured the easiest route to Wembley.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here