Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] FA Cup 5th round draw [Wolves away]

Bod

Dec 8, 2015
Have we got the same away end as we did in the league this season or have they stuck us in the top corner like they did a couple of years ago?
We’re down the side of the lower tier of the Steve Bull stand as we were earlier this season.

FWIW I prefer the view from the top corner and it would be £10 cheaper for this game as well.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

That said, we took a few to Stoke last year, didn't we?

Fifth round pricing for Stoke last season:

Prices for season ticket holders are £12 for adults, £4 for over-65s and under-18s and £1 for under-11s.​
Those who do not have season tickets pay £15 for adults, £5 for over-65s and under-18s and £1 for under-11s.​
There are booking fees of £1.50 over the phone and £1 online.​

We had 2,166 at Stoke last season.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
On the sample of me I'd be very surprised if we take many from the south to this. It ruins two workdays.

Not sure it will go to purchase history, as that isn't written on the ticket website. If it does go to that, it normally says from the start, like Sheffield United in the league did. I would expect Wolves to be a bit jumpy about ticket sales at the moment, after their experience at the other Albion.

RioGrandeGull

Jan 9, 2013
Isle of Wight
The last train out is 22.45 and I'm booked on it. The game proper will end at 21.45. ET would run from 21.50 to 22.25. And it’s a 15 minute walk to the station. So, I would miss penalties. And so would anyone else heading south.
It’s Avanti West Coast, so based on their current form, it’s likely to be cancelled…..

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
On the sample of me I'd be very surprised if we take many from the south to this. It ruins two workdays.

Not sure it will go to purchase history, as that isn't written on the ticket website. If it does go to that, it normally says from the start, like Sheffield United in the league did. I would expect Wolves to be a bit jumpy about ticket sales at the moment, after their experience at the other Albion.
And from the north. My last train is 21.37.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I feel the cup for us is a good chance this year particularly as we know RDZ likes it. In earlier rounds we took a fair few some of whom will like to go to every round and i know the ticket prices were lower but the distance to travel is not significantly greater. It is also a great opportunity for our fans who are living in the midlands to get a ticket to an important match and pick up 15 points!
Sticking my neck out i think sales of about 1400 on first day and 800 second day with 400 more before they go off sale.
Sold approx 400 this morning. This isn’t going to sell well at all

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Assuming we have a total allocation of about 3,000, I assume the points were set for this amount of top tier people. So 400 of 3,000 bought. If the same % of all STH's buy that will sell out at that level won't it? Or is my maths flawed. I guess all STH's don't buy in the same % as top tier people though, but even if it's half of this level another 1,250 plus will sell before it goes to members.

EDIT: you'll also have some of the top tier waiting for their second and third tier mates to factor in as to why initial sales are slow. I am one of them waiting for member friends/family.

I'm saying we still sell out eventually.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Screenshot_20230207-215651_Samsung Internet.jpg

(Massive 4-1 down at Coventry)

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
First to admit i called this wrong. The released blocks JL2 to JL7 total just over 2000 seats and at the moment there are just under 1000 left. The club have held some for players comps, sponsors etc so actual sales to fans is less than 900 even though we are already at the stage where ALL season ticket holders and 1901 could buy.
I am quite surprised and, i have to say, somewhat disappointed with those figures especially considering all the recent posts stating how great our fans are, which i do agree with, but seem not to be borne out in this situation. Personally i am sure it is much more to do with the mid week timing than it is to do with the pricing.

jrbha

Nov 18, 2021
First to admit i called this wrong. The released blocks JL2 to JL7 total just over 2000 seats and at the moment there are just under 1000 left. The club have held some for players comps, sponsors etc so actual sales to fans is less than 900 even though we are already at the stage where ALL season ticket holders and 1901 could buy.
I am quite surprised and, i have to say, somewhat disappointed with those figures especially considering all the recent posts stating how great our fans are, which i do agree with, but seem not to be borne out in this situation. Personally i am sure it is much more to do with the mid week timing than it is to do with the pricing.
You are surely taking the piss..?

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I think there were approx 1,900 Leeds fans at Plymouth tonight. That is pretty impressive….i’m sure there’s a good bunch of them who live in the south of England, but nonetheless. Especially as it was live on BBC1.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm very much on the fence for this one.

I'll admit the pricing may mean I don't go, and that's not because I can't afford it, but because the pricing is just horribly wrong, and it almost needs people voting with their feet to get the message across.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
I'm very much on the fence for this one.

I'll admit the pricing may mean I don't go, and that's not because I can't afford it, but because the pricing is just horribly wrong, and it almost needs people voting with their feet to get the message across.
It is a difficult one because if we had organised a boycott i would in all likelihood have joined in but then how would we feel if in doing so the match was lost. Would we be deliberately not supporting our team and possibly be helping those responsible for setting the prices at one and the same time in that case.
By the way i was not trying to take the piss in my previous post as has been questioned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here