Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA Cup 5th round draw coming up ...

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Can you imagine it if we played Burnley then on the coach trip back and CH doing a roll call ... Stephens, STEPHENS, STEPHENSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Wasn't changing ground banned in the FA Cup? All teams have to have a certain ground grading in order to enter the competition in the first place in August. I don't think you can switch venues, definitely not allowed to switch a home tie to an away one.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Wasn't changing ground banned in the FA Cup? All teams have to have a certain ground grading in order to enter the competition in the first place in August. I don't think you can switch venues, definitely not allowed to switch a home tie to an away one.

The rules got changed after Farnborough drew Arsenal years back and switched to Highbury. Sutton can't move this to The Emirates.Clubs have to state their maximum capacity and give a guarantee that they can stage all fixtures, regardless of who they play, before the FA Cup starts.

It can be moved on safety grounds, but the nearest neutral ground gets considered first and if moved to a bigger venue, the extra revenue goes to The FA.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

It can still be switched but only on safety grounds. I am guessing that would only come into it if Backwater United managed to fluke their way to a third round tie and somehow drew Manchester United to a ground that looks like Southwicks. There is no way the game gets moved from Suttons ground for that reason.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The rules got changed after Farnborough drew Arsenal years back and switched to Highbury. Sutton can't move this to The Emirates.Clubs have to state their maximum capacity and give a guarantee that they can stage all fixtures, regardless of who they play, before the FA Cup starts.

It can be moved on safety grounds, but the nearest neutral ground gets considered first and if moved to a bigger venue, the extra revenue goes to The FA.

So if Palace got a big club they could move it to Charlton or Millwall :wink:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It can still be switched but only on safety grounds. I am guessing that would only come into it if Backwater United managed to fluke their way to a third round tie and somehow drew Manchester United to a ground that looks like Southwicks. There is no way the game gets moved from Suttons ground for that reason.

Southwick's ground ain't that bad!

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Irrespective of ball numbers, it's likely we wouldn't have drawn Burnley because the chain of events leading to the draw would have been different. It's impossible to know who we would have drawn. Minor differences would have meant the balls would have been picked in a different order.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I recon that the first team would have had a good chance of taking Burnley out and then would come the big money game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here