Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] FA CUP 5th round 2024

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Appreciate I screenshotted this slightly late but keepers left foot is planted where it was when it was kicked. Poor from the official (right by Newcastle’s fans) - wonder if VAR would’ve pulled it up?

IMG_8284.png

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Appreciate I screenshotted this slightly late but keepers left foot is planted where it was when it was kicked. Poor from the official (right by Newcastle’s fans) - wonder if VAR would’ve pulled it up?

View attachment 177513
Did you see at the end the ref run over to the Newcastle fans and threw his shirt into the stand.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

View attachment 177513
:lol: I do love how football fans see exactly what they want to see, and wilfully ignore everything they dont!
This was the Blackburn 'keeper when he saved from Barnes :lol:

Barnes.jpg

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
:lol: I do love how football fans see exactly what they want to see, and wilfully ignore everything they dont!

View attachment 177526
Our Sheebo is permanently programmed to assume officials are bad, biased, or both.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Our Sheebo is permanently programmed to assume officials are bad, biased, or both.
Am I?! Just call it how I see it - and yes, there is a real problem with poor referees at the moment.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

View attachment 177526
Not at all - I didn’t notice this one. Newcastle’s keeper was also off his line for the second save. Over to you…

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Hardly….i think you will see plenty of posts in this thread where the ref and his assistant made baffling decisions…including a handball (arm waved in the air at the ball) missed by both ref and an assistant yet in close proximity

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
But it’s not his point….”.willfully ignore something you don’t see”….you aren’t ignoring it……so he should suggest something happened even though he has no knowledge of it ever happening 🤔
He was intimating the "official (right by Newcastle’s fans)" was favouring the Geordies in the penalty shoot-out, which, if you examine the evidence, is simply wrong.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
So that's Coventry, Leicester, Newcastle and Man City through to the quarters with probably Liverpool, Man utd and Chelsea to follow.

If we lose to Wolves then that would put Newcastle, Chelsea and Wolves all in with a solid shout of winning the cup but not finishing top 6 which would be a real pain for us qualifying for Europe through the league. We could really have done with Blackburn winning that shoot out.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So that's Coventry, Leicester, Newcastle and Man City through to the quarters with probably Liverpool, Man utd and Chelsea to follow.

If we lose to Wolves then that would put Newcastle, Chelsea and Wolves all in with a solid shout of winning the cup but not finishing top 6 which would be a real pain for us qualifying for Europe through the league. We could really have done with Blackburn winning that shoot out.
I'll worry about this when Man City get knocked out.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

True but all a bit meaningless if Man City and Liverpool are still in it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here