Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup 4th round ticket sales

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Sadly I am away so will have to miss it. The opponent should be irrelevant, £25 is a bargain to watch us at the moment, aside from Arsenal we are the most entertaining side to watch at the moment. I hope whoever has my seat enjoys the view, it's a good one! Good to see that many STH will be using the guest ticket option to introduce their kids and friends to the Albion, I expect sales to pick up when this option is available.

Jul 7, 2003
It's OK, I stand up all game, I'm sure that's allowed in WSU?
Not if you have bought a seat in front of me. I'll be screaming for a steward to get you kicked out as an away fan who obviously doesn't know how to behave in that part of the ground. :)

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Away end will sell out whoever wins tonight.
Yes. This will obvs help the total crowd along and should make for a cracking atmosphere even if Albion areas not completely sold out.

I guess if Liverpool then it will sell out but if Wolves might be 25K+ rather than full. Cost of living crisis is very real and late January is worst possible time of year for many families to find a spare £100+.

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Decided to try the East Upper (on the half-way line) instead of our usual seats in the East Lower family stand. We’ll have to move in a couple of seasons anyway when my youngest becomes too old for the family stand, so it’s a good opportunity to have a look at where we might want to go next.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
People moaning about £25 aren't living in the real world.

It's usually £15 and no travel subsidy against lower league sides, and I think our last FA Cup match at home was about 4 years ago, before prices of most things rocketed.

This is potentially £25 to see one of the biggest sides in the football world. And if they go out, Wolves is still a big game as it's probably the first time ever (well since 83) that we've had a reasonable chance of actually winning the cup. We know we can beat anyone on our day.
I'm not moaning about it.

Just found it odd that people considered it to be cheap.
It isn't. It's comparable/top end to most cup games.
Charlton away was £15. That was cheap, IMO.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
And cycle as well I guess ?
Similar boat.

Two tickets - £50, parking - £15 (although getting a ticket/place might not be easy) and the lad's pie and Coke - £8 (and whilst it's perfectly valid to say "eat at home" - having an Amex pie is part of the occasion for him). The money can just be better spent right now. I may have a change of heart nearer the time, if tickets remain available, but right now it's the sofa and TV for me.

(And, to be clear, I'm not moaning about £25 - which I think is perfectly reasonable - but for me, right now, I'd rather not spend the money)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The last Albion cup tie I attended was I think Coventry at home. I was recovering from an op for our Wembley visit.

Just not normally into the cups, partly as I knew we wouldn’t ultimately win one.

This is different, this Albion team really enthuses, plus I trust RDZ to play a great starting 11. Many other managers try to be smart arses for cup games, then get knocked out.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'm not moaning about it.

Just found it odd that people considered it to be cheap.
It isn't. It's comparable/top end to most cup games.
Charlton away was £15. That was cheap, IMO.
I've just looked at 3 other clubs and their prices.

Derby charging £21
Stoke £25
Man Utd £45

These were the cheapest I could see for an adult ticket, so comparable.

Whether that's correct or not is another matter.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Similar boat.

Two tickets - £50, parking - £15 (although getting a ticket/place might not be easy) and the lad's pie and Coke - £8 (and whilst it's perfectly valid to say "eat at home" - having an Amex pie is part of the occasion for him). The money can just be better spent right now. I may have a change of heart nearer the time, if tickets remain available, but right now it's the sofa and TV for me.

(And, to be clear, I'm not moaning about £25 - which I think is perfectly reasonable - but for me, right now, I'd rather not spend the money)

Simlar sort of situation here. Got paid on 23 Dec and don't get paid again until 27 Jan. That's 5 weeks at most expensive time of year to stretch the wages out. If the tickets were cheaper I'd probably be on it like a shot. £25 for a match against Premier League opponents isn't bad though.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I've just looked at 3 other clubs and their prices.

Derby charging £21
Stoke £25
Man Utd £45

These were the cheapest I could see for an adult ticket, so comparable.

Whether that's correct or not is another matter.

A couple of posters mentioned the tickets were cheap.
In comparison to our normal cup ticketing prices, this isn't a giveaway price, in my view.

The club are pretty good at pitching a fair price, that enables them to shift tickets.
Charlton and Arsenal tickets were unquestionably cheap and it prompted good sales for the games.

It isn't my contention that the club are ripping anyone off, they'll do ok at this price.
No reason why they shouldn't.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Ticket price is a gamble on it being Liverpool and not Wolves.

Misses a rare chance to marginally recognise less-monied Albion fans - which would have been a good thing to do. #BarberOBEOut

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Ticket price is a gamble on it being Liverpool and not Wolves.
That's fair. If it's Liverpool it feels the right price to me. If it's Wolves it's over priced by a fiver or so.

That said I'm not going to watch the opponents I'm going to watch the best Brighton side in history and for that reason alone £25 if pretty damn cheap overall. I'd also add De Zerbi has so far shown he is very happy to put out a strong side for the cups so every chance this will be another strong side not the smattering of reserves/kids we have suffered under all managers since Poyet onwards.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I am bringing my Husband to this, the last game he attended with me was Arsenal in the cup this season.
If we had lost that game he would be staying at home, incase he was the bad omen. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here