Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup 4th round priority tickets

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Presumably the ones who can’t be bothered to go to away games to build their points totals then whine when they can’t go to a game with a small away allocation.
Nailed it. Nothing else to add is there?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The most important factor for loyalty points is the length of current season ticket renewals.
Someone with 24 of 25 yearsas a season ticket holder, with a gap in the last 5 years, will have significantly fewer than someone who got their first season ticket in 17/18 and has stuck with it.
Not necessarily. It can be done with away game attendance. One of our group ditched his ST when he went to Uni, is now in his 3rd season since getting a new one and is now backed in T2 for most away games. Simply been doing the hard yards of long-distance away games.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Not necessarily. It can be done with away game attendance. One of our group ditched his ST when he went to Uni, is now in his 3rd season since getting a new one and is now backed in T2 for most away games. Simply been doing the hard yards of long-distance away games.
That's kind of my point - presumably he would have been comfortably Tier 1 if he hadn't given up his season ticket.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That's kind of my point - presumably he would have been comfortably Tier 1 if he hadn't given up his season ticket.
Yes, but you can get into T2 and certainly overtake long term STHs pretty quickly even as a new STH if you’re prepared to travel………..

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Wouldn't sweat on it. When we get drawn away to Leeds, Newcastle, Sheffield Wednesday or Chelsea, you'll be just fine.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
My understanding is that you will have lost 200 bonus season ticket points this season.
I assume at the beginning of next season, your member points will be halved and added to you season ticket points.

The bonus points piece is open to interpretation, but i took it that you lose the 200 bonus points as it isn't consecutive prior to the current season.
That’s broadly what happened to me.

Was one of the 2,000 at Priestfield, decided on doing 15-20 aways a season during the withdean years as couldn’t stomach withdean, had no issue getting a season ticket at Falmer.

Had some legacy points from my away games but lost My season ticket bonus points in immediately whilst I was in the wilderness for 3 years (kids). This is 4th season back (inc the Covid season) as a STH and currently have 130 points as don’t travel away that often these days.

Probably about right based on my gaps in season ticket

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Can’t see why the old fashioned system of collecting vouchers from the programme wouldn’t work? 😆

That’s broadly what happened to me.

Was one of the 2,000 at Priestfield, decided on doing 15-20 aways a season during the withdean years as couldn’t stomach withdean, had no issue getting a season ticket at Falmer.

Had some legacy points from my away games but lost My season ticket bonus points in immediately whilst I was in the wilderness for 3 years (kids). This is 4th season back (inc the Covid season) as a STH and currently have 130 points as don’t travel away that often these days.

Probably about right based on my gaps in season ticket
So according to that document Bozza posted it’s an 8-season “punishment” - so 4 to go before you’re back in the big time

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Perfect ta - I’ll study that on my next day off 🥸

Through nsc in 2011 I found out what happened on moving to the Amex. It was different scale then.

All new Amex STH’ers got 1,000 points, Withdean STH’ers were given a token 250 points.

I would imagine a reset from the club so that long standing STH’ers didn’t have a huge advantage over all the new supporters as time passed.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Through nsc in 2011 I found out what happened on moving to the Amex. It was different scale then.

All new Amex STH’ers got 1,000 points, Withdean STH’ers were given a token 250 points.

I would imagine a reset from the club so that long standing STH’ers didn’t have a huge advantage over all the new supporters as time passed.
I remember this as I’d given up Withdean season ticket as was playing on Saturdays but still went to 80% of home games that last season I reckon. But didn’t get the 250 bonus points. That said, I’ve never once not got an away ticket to a game I wanted to go to that I can rememeber. Persistence is often the way - or back in the day, knowing the right people..!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The 2,000 that regularly went to Priestfield get first dibs.
That place was the pits.

There should be a special place in the Albion hall of fame for anyone that had a ST for both seasons there, 140 miles for every home game!!!
Probably only about 1k in this category....

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
So according to that document Bozza posted it’s an 8-season “punishment” - so 4 to go before you’re back in the big time
This is my 2nd year as a ST holder and I started off from next to nothing points wise. I'm now a point away from Tier 3 having done multiple aways usually in the 10 or 15 points bracket. I suspect catching up with Tier 2s will be more problematic (given the higher tiered STs are likely to attend more) but you can catch up pretty quick if you put in the yards.

Ajax and Palace away (and no doubt Luton) are the only 2 games I couldn't have attended if I wanted to as both sold out at Tier 3. Everything else has dropped to All STHs or below.

I personally think it's a pretty good system that rewards both regular recent attendance and longevity as long as you keep your ST. A lot of other clubs have systems that are nowhere near as good

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
That place was the pits.

There should be a special place in the Albion hall of fame for anyone that had a ST for both seasons there, 140 miles for every home game!!!
Probably only about 1k in this category....
Waves furiously

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I'm not planning to attend another match until next season.

Annotation 2024-01-08 163000.png

colin-200x200.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here