Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA Cup 4th Round - Port Vale or Plymouth Argyle vs Brighton and Hove Albion

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I spose there is a chance that the replay could fall foul of the weather, and then the 4th round tie would be moved?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Going to take a chance and buy a Vale train ticket now whilst it is cheap. Can't make Plymouth either way.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I spose there is a chance that the replay could fall foul of the weather, and then the 4th round tie would be moved?

Would that mean that our league game with Leeds would be played, as scheduled?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Already looking like potentially losing money on Blackburn train tickets, can't take the risk on Port Vale as well. Could end up best part of 60 quid down for two journeys not actually made.

aberllefenni

Jan 15, 2009
The Brown Jug in Newcastle used to be bearable and the Titanic pub near Vale Park did a job.

The Titanic pub was the Bull's Head in Burslem. The much-missed Roy Chuter, under his alter ego Not So Slim recommended it in our last programme before the game. I think the landlord was a bit shocked when his usual three men and a dog on a Saturday lunchtime morphed into 200+ thirsty Albion fans. Rumour has it he was frantically ringing other pubs in the area for replenishments.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We don't even know which day it is yet, although anything other than 3pm on the Saturday would be a shock

Not worth booking train tickets until the live televised games are chosen (BT Sport has 1st , 2nd , 3rd , and 5th pick , ITV has 4th pick) as the ties could be Saturday or Sunday and all different kick off times.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Not worth booking train tickets until the live televised games are chosen (BT Sport has 1st , 2nd , 3rd , and 5th pick , ITV has 4th pick) as the ties could be Saturday or Sunday and all different kick off times.

I think the TV games will be:

Stevenage v Everton.
Bournemouth/Burton Albion v Liverpool.
Sheff.Utd v Norwich/Fulham.
Chelsea v Stoke City.
Southend v Hull City.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Both fantastic grounds with a unique atmosphere.

I like Vale Park and the way a polite steward opens the door for the away end from the catering bar. Plymouth always feels like a very long day but the ground still retains a lot of character. The old uncovered away end was quite bleak but now it's superb.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Don't mind either of those teams - Vale means a reunion with Adams, Loft and Birchall potentially. Argyle means Fan United.

Would probably be able to do Argyle, i've a friend who lives in Plymouth i've been meaning to see for some time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here