Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA Cup 4th Round draw - ***Official Thread***

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Last time we played Newcastle in the Cup we nearly got giant-killed. If it wasn't for Peter Ward in 83!

Usually a good draw, a prestige club that is not nearly so good on the pitch, but this season they are as good as they have ever been. And the FA Cup is their best chance of a trophy.

The downside is that any decent lower League side (or non-League) is really expected to beat Newcsatle for the glory is only winning at a canter.

BBC Sport - Football - Stevenage 3-1 Newcastle

Every other underdog beats Newcastle, so the pressure is on the Albion.

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
If you manage to beat Wrexham with your DS, will Gus play a proper team?

cant wait to see Newcastle outsing you lot (how many seats do you have to give them?) and embarress you :)

Whereas you let your command of the English language embarrass yourself.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Hope gus reads NSC as looks like the overwhelming feeling is to make SURE we beat Wrexham!!

Think it would mean my season ticket being void and having to move somewhere else!

Durlston

"Southgate, you're the one!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Terrific tie - if we can get past Wrexham in the replay.

With Demba Ba being involved in the African Nations Cup I think we'll have a realistic chance of winning the tie if Gus plays his strongest team and a full AMEX should see a great match. Both the replay and Newcastle will DEFINITELY be on telly I reckon.

Crawley must be a bit deflated after drawing Hull away. No glamour, long trip and not much chance of an upset with Nick Barmby doing a good job up there.

Liverpool vs Man.Utd is going to be chaos with the Luis Suarez/Patrice Evra row and the hatred between the two sides.

Last edited:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Last time we played Newcastle in the Cup we nearly got giant-killed. If it wasn't for Peter Ward in 83!

We also beat them 2-0 in the FA Cup 3rd Round at St James' Park in 1985/86, with Eric Young and Dean Saunders getting the goals.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Er, should we not lose against Wrexham as this is three days before palace and they'll have the weekend off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here