Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA Cup 1983 - Brighton v Norwich

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I was there, then they gave a load more space to Norwich fans and it was kicking off next to the flimsy fence.

Really exciting day, the North Stand totally rocked.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I have never been to a more random game than that. I can't even remember why we were there.

We were away to Macclesfield weren't we and it got called off at lunch but instead of turning round we just kept going.

Wasn't it an LDV game or something like that and there was about 1500 people there? Can't even remember who Vale played?

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
I was at all of the games and like US i sat in Highbury at the end of the game and cried tears of joy. After the replay my tears were not of joy but hate as my older brother is a Manure fan and i didn't speak to him for weeks after.

Serves him right to take the piss out of a ten year old :salute:

Brighton 1 Newcastle 1 - Was there
Newcastle 0 Brighton 1 - Was not there
Brighton 4 Man City 0 - Was there
Liverpool 1 Brighton 2 - Was there
Brighton 1 Norwich 0 - Was there
Brighton 2 Sheffield Weds 1 - Was there
Brighton 2 Man Utd 2 - Was there
Brighton 0 Man Utd 4 - Was there

*snap*

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Was there in the North Stand. Bright sunny day as I recall. Superb atmosphere all round the ground. Only missed the Newcastle replay and the Liverpool game in the cup run. The only game I really enjoyed whilst it was on was the demolition of Man City - all the others were just too tense.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton

BAD FAN! i SAW THEM ALL AND WAS ON THE COACH WITH wARDY ON THE WAY BACK FROM nEWCASTLE.

:albion2:

The Orange Seagull

Time Traveller
Jul 8, 2004
Stuck in the 80's
I was standing behind the North stand goal and got splattered against the fence by the massive surge when Case scored....on the tv highlight you can just about see me with my red,white and blue (lucky...??!!) England cap i was wearing (well i was only 14!!).
We were right next to the Norwich fans (seperated by a fence) and they went ballistic after we scored cos they thought Case was off side.At the end of the match this old hag Norwich City woman supporter started ranting at us saying we were cheating bastards and that they deserved to be in the semis instead,LOL.
Oh,also remember Albion supporters climbing over us and up over the fence at the end of the match,so they could get on to the pitch to celebrate!

Happy days indeed.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I was there, stood near the top of the East terrace with my dad, as I was but a mere nipper in them days....

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
went to all of them and it was a fantastic time to be a fan....probably much like how Barnsley fans are now feeling...

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Right...set your sky+ recorders for Thursday 13th, ITV4 11am. Big Match Revisited, Brighton v Norwich City...memories!

Wonder if we will still get the same result!

So who was there? I remember being in the East Terrace watching the game. Didn't the club have to give some of the North Stand (uncovered) to the Norwich fans?

I was there, fabulous day out, full house, and a semi final to play for. Marvellous :clap2:

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I was there. Stood in the NW stand on a milk crate at the front. Lost my scarf when case scored. Those were the days.......

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just watching this weeks matches....watching ex-players such as Mark Lawrenson, Mickey Thomas....and remembering that George Berry hairstyle!

What an excellent series....bringing back all those memories from my youth!!!

Deffo, most off my recent threads/posts have been really down on the prem and football in general. Mainly due to watching these re-runs and enjoying football once again.
I hadn't realise, other than the albion, (and Barnsley, tonight) quite how far removed from the 'beautiful game' I'd become, or visa versa.

cheeseroll

Jul 5, 2003
Fragrant Harbour
i was there on the East Terrace to the left of the North Stand penalty area, i think the Norwich fans went ballistic not because Case was off side but he used his shoulder to barge past the defence, i checked that the referee had signalled a goal before i performed my goal celebration routine..

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Was there and for all the Cup games bar Newxastle away.
I am pretty sure the Norwich game was 'pay on the day', at least for home fans and there were plenty locked out. I thought Norwich had the NE corner and a good chunk of the East Terrace but we kept the North Stand? Will someone check this on Thursday?
PG

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston