F1 Game for the PS3

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Why is there no current Formula One game for the PS3. Most current available seems to be the 2007 version??

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Because F1 is PAINFULLY boring until they take MY advice.

3 steps for EXCITMENT:

1. Three Laps, and no more.
2. Mushroom-style nitro boosts allowed. One per racer, per race.
3. All kinds of physical contact allowed. You can ram the other racers off the track.

Do the above 3 and it would become the most exciting sport the world has EVER known.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

3 steps for EXCITMENT:

3. All kinds of physical contact allowed. You can ram the other racers off the track.

Do the above 3 and it would become the most exciting sport the world has EVER known.

If yesterday's Grand Prix bored you, you must have one hell of an exciting life. I'm jealous

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If yesterday's Grand Prix bored you, you must have one hell of an exciting life. I'm jealous

How many laps was it? The answer will tell you why I didn't watch it and why I find most motor racing boring.

I watched it until Button's first pitstop, and even then I had to force myself to watch the last 3 or 4 laps. The start is great, as is all the close contact stuff. But they are occasional highlights in a sea of boring cars going round a track. I can see the appeal but it just doesn't do it for me.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
think there's a good one out for the 360..
theres 1 out for the wii (this years stuff i think), and a 2007 version for the ps3

i heard they are doing a game for next year, which will be good with the extra teams, no idea why there have been such long delays between games though. This happens with tennis games too and its annoying!

also, Kobayashi was AWESOME yesterday, but all the driver complained he was weaving in the braking zones, but that was exciting and showed good driver skills, shame its banned, im guessing its too dangerous to do?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Formula One is the most boring sport on the planet, races are just too long, limit it to say 10 laps so people actually have to over take, give them all the same car and do qualifying e.t.c all on the same day

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
theres 1 out for the wii (this years stuff i think), and a 2007 version for the ps3

i heard they are doing a game for next year, which will be good with the extra teams, no idea why there have been such long delays between games though. This happens with tennis games too and its annoying!

also, Kobayashi was AWESOME yesterday, but all the driver complained he was weaving in the braking zones, but that was exciting and showed good driver skills, shame its banned, im guessing its too dangerous to do?

Took ages cos the licence was up for grabs and won by Codemasters who then had to make the game.

The PSP and Wii versions are out this month. I think PS3/XBox in spring.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008

3 steps for EXCITMENT:

So basically Mario Kart, the best game EVER.

:thumbsup:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
EXACTLY.

Everyone on the PLANET would watch.

Can someone who understands racing explain why it has to be so strategic and boring?

seagull@stirling

Jan 17, 2006
dont they only turn left in that? and it goes on for 500 laps?

Oh it sooo muc more than that..

yes the vast majority of teh track are oval, with left turns only. But imagine 43 V8s going round the running track at withdean, ok not that small but there are some 1/2 mile tracks and then there's the 2.5mile ovals where speeds would easily reach 250mph but they have had to restrict them,,,

Talladega is the one to watch, three or four wide and..guess what there's overtaking! every left turn on every track differs, and with next to no downforce ont eh crs it makes for interesting racing....

cars are equal so it's all down to the driver.... the way it should be!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports