Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] F1 2024

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Magnusson and Stroll are both nutters but on what I’ve seen so far on that massive coming together I would blame Perez over Magnusson in this instance. Commentary team don’t agree :shrug:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
That’s been coming with Magnussen in recent races, already 10 points on his licence so would be surprised to see him in Canada

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Magnusson and Stroll are both nutters but on what I’ve seen so far on that massive coming together I would blame Perez over Magnusson in this instance. Commentary team don’t agree :shrug:
K Mag’s fault. He had to back out.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Very hard to feel anything but pleased for Charles after his rotten luck here down the years, the Verstappen vs Russell battle is why this is such a tedious Grand Prix as no way anywhere else could Russell have held him off

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The Monaco Grand Prix is always the highlight of the F1 season. The grand opulence of the surroundings and the importance and wealth of the people attending attest to that. Great to see Leclerc, in his home country/city take the win. A hugely popular winner.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I sat through all of it and apart from the scenery it was a tedious procession

At least that Dutch misery didn’t win it

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The only interesting things to happen were on lap 1. 6th for Max pleases me though.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Looking round there really does seem to be a real general disappointment in the Monaco Grand Prix which is usually sacrosanct in terms of just how dull the race is. The fact is that ultimately modern F1 cars are too big to overtake around here, and the DRS (which negates this elsewhere) is useless. I would hope so,etching changes for next year, they won’t cancel it because they all enjoy the jolly too much but something needs to be done.

For a start, I’d add DRS through the tunnel and up the hill after turn one.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I missed it all live, was gigging at a festival, as you do. . . . So I Just watched the highlights . . . 50/50 for me . . . Mags went for it and had a run up the hill, Perez shut the door. BOOM.

2 twats out is no bad thing, they made one hell of a mess.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I missed it all live, was gigging at a festival, as you do. . . . So I Just watched the highlights . . . 50/50 for me . . . Mags went for it and had a run up the hill, Perez shut the door. BOOM.

2 twats out is no bad thing, they made one hell of a mess.

As Jenson said after he’d seen it again, Perez definitely knew he was there as he looked to the right so would have seen him in the mirror. Probably expected K Mag to back off. As you say 50/50 is about right. No penalty for either driver?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
How do you make the most boring race on the F1 calendar more boring?

Red flag on the first lap, no need for any pit stops.

It’s just an exhibition for rich twats this, there is no sport involved.
I agree in some respects . . . . It's almost impossible to race as one would on your average airfield.

However . . . You can drive like a total **** on an airfield and get away with it .

MOnaco is an acquired taste, but rewards precision, with consistency. As well as total commitment.

quite how you define sport I don't know any more, but MOnaco is still a valid location For F1

It's a very special circus at a very special circus

The Colonel

Sep 4, 2023
Why don't they remove the Nouvelle Chicane, widen Tabac and add DRS all the way from Portier to Tabac? That seems relatively easy and would create a long stretch at full speed that would presumably allow overtaking.

Reactions: A1X

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Didn't Lewis suggest that there could be a special tyre compound for Monaco which would degrade really quickly forcing pit stops? SOMETHING has to change...it's such a dull race now.

Reactions: A1X

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Forget who it was, but one of the commentary team on the C4 highlights suggested a Monaco-only rule that they have to use all 3 compounds during the race. I think that might be the simplest solution and would create interest via variable strategies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here