Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] F1 2024

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
No confirmation from Ferrari as I type this, but there's emerging reports that Sainz will miss the rest of the weekend as he needs his appendix removed.

Edit: and confirmation:

Sainz replaced by Bearman, who yesterday qualified on pole for the F2 race (which he now won't start).

Mr Phil

Nov 29, 2022
No confirmation from Ferrari as I type this, but there's emerging reports that Sainz will miss the rest of the weekend as he needs his appendix removed.
I’ve heard he was suspended for the weekend for being dishonest about Christian Horner

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
I’ve heard he was suspended for the weekend for being dishonest about Christian Horner

Well ... now you mention it, there's another twist in that saga as well. There's been some rumours floating around for a while (that I've not mentioned, as the sources didn't look reliable) that have now emerged on a more prominent source. According to the rumour, Jos Verstappen is allegedly having an affair with the woman who accused Horner.

kojak

Jan 17, 2022
Oliver bearman replacing sainz for Saudi gp

edit: old news I see 😂

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Well ... now you mention it, there's another twist in that saga as well. There's been some rumours floating around for a while (that I've not mentioned, as the sources didn't look reliable) that have now emerged on a more prominent source. According to the rumour, Jos Verstappen is allegedly having an affair with the woman who accused Horner.

Ooohh it’s getting even more messy, bring it on, anything that may unsettle Red Bull is alright by me

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
This is turning into late 1990s WWF wrestling.

The sport is poor, but the storylines are fascinating.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Ooohh it’s getting even more messy, bring it on, anything that may unsettle Red Bull is alright by me
Still don't know whether to believe the Jos rumour or not. As much as the quality of the reporting sites is improving a little, it's not by much - still only being reported on "rags" rather than the most trustworthy sites. But it's bubbling away, Red Bull are definitely having a lot of off-track distractions.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Bearman did alright in FP3 I think, having been thrown in at the deep end on a very challenging track. Fun fact: when he starts the race tomorrow, he'll be the first F1 driver born after Fernando Alonso's first win in F1.

JackB247

Sep 25, 2013
Burgess Hill
Watched equally highlights on C4 late, so only now catching up on news. BBC reporting that Marko might get suspended by Red Bull Austria...

More entertaining than the racing atm. Seems that Marko was the one that leaked the internal Red Bull process to the media.

If so, hard to see how the company can't take some action against him, but Max's stance on Marko being a part of the team makes the stakes so much higher.

Just shows you how to Marko and the Verstappen's - the lady involved was just a pawn in a plot to remove Horner so any faux sympathy for her needs to be called out.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
bravo team Haas
Bravo yes as it was very clever and sensible for them to do so, but not sure I agree with / appreciate the rules in this scenario.

I.e. Magnussen with 20 seconds of penalties basically ruining the race for half the field by backing them up. His race was dead at this point. Frustrated as a Williams fan as Albon would have had that last point (probably) If drivers were forced to serve penalties within say 3 laps. Adding it on at the end only benefits the driver who's done something wrong.

Also interesting that because Magnussen finished on the lead lap, his penalty wasn't even 20 seconds anyway because he still stayed ahead of some of those who were lapped even though they were less than 20 seconds behind him at the finish. Not that it matters but a strange loophole.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What an awful race circuit Jeddah is. Narrow, no spectators, one overtaking point.

The only interesting thing about F1 at the moment is Red Bull's internal woes.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Verstappen nearly 20 seconds clear of the next non-Red Bull.

Put a fork in this season, it’s done. Unless Verstappen randomly sticks it in a wall in Monaco / Singapore he’s going to win every race this season.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
What an awful race circuit Jeddah is. Narrow, no spectators, one overtaking point.
I struggle to find F1 interesting at the best of times, but briefly flicked this on at half-time during the rugby.

Found it really claustrophobic, just high metal fences literally caging in a narrow track, round and round they go. As you say, you never saw any spectators or atmospheric setting or anything to add a bit of colour or life to it.

Pleased for the young English lad, but otherwise it’s just so meh, really.

kojak

Jan 17, 2022
Bravo yes as it was very clever and sensible for them to do so, but not sure I agree with / appreciate the rules in this scenario.

I.e. Magnussen with 20 seconds of penalties basically ruining the race for half the field by backing them up. His race was dead at this point. Frustrated as a Williams fan as Albon would have had that last point (probably) If drivers were forced to serve penalties within say 3 laps. Adding it on at the end only benefits the driver who's done something wrong.

Also interesting that because Magnussen finished on the lead lap, his penalty wasn't even 20 seconds anyway because he still stayed ahead of some of those who were lapped even though they were less than 20 seconds behind him at the finish. Not that it matters but a strange loophole.
agree with that,penalties should be served within a certain time of being issued

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here