[Other Sport] F1 2022

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hamilton fastest in first practice in Singapore…dare to dream :smile:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I am desperate for him to win a race this season, but you’re right, it will inevitably be a false dawn….or sunset as far as this season is concerned now.

I'd love him to win one too and as a street circuit that's difficult to overtake on Singapopre is a great potential candidate...but it's only the first practice session. Red Bull get faster and faster over the course of the weekend and with Max having the possibility of wrapping up the title on Sunday you can bet that they(or at least him) will be ferociously fast come qually and race time.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1575814619230257158[/tweet]

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

JackB247

Sep 25, 2013
Burgess Hill
[tweet]1575814619230257158[/tweet]

I'd be very interested to find out the size of the breach (I'm sure this won't come out but judging by that Toto interview just now on Sky Mercedes think its fairly sizable). If they are £10-15m over budget for 2021, that is financial doping and they should be chucked out of 2021/22 for gaining an unfair advantage. Overspending in such a key year leading into regulation changes will leave them with a lasting advantage throughout the entirety of the regulations too so that has to be factored in to any punishment.

However, I won't get my hopes up as I'm sure the FIA will take their usually feeble stance on an issue involving Red Bull.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If Red Bull are found to have overspent by a decent percentage they could always strip Max of the title, there is no way they could retrospectively give it to Lewis though

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Much like FFP in football it will just be some nonsensical punishment, probably a fine or docked constructors points, which will make zilch difference.

They certainly won’t award the title to Lewis, they did their best to hand the title to Max in the first place with those unbelievable rice director decisions at AD last year, Max was a worthy winner last year and is a fantastic driver, shame Horner is such a turnip.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1575769318830223361[/tweet]

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I found this snippet rang a few alarm bells. They can’t do much about last season but they could wipe out Red Bulls manufacturer points for this season (resulting in a massive loss of funding) if it turns out Red Bull did indeed over spend significantly last season? Punish the team not the drivers

From the BBC -

The budget teams spend during a season also includes their development for the following year's car, so any breach would have had an impact on a team's performance in 2022.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Any of you watched The Race To Perfection on Sky?

Story of 70 years of F1. Fascinating and well worth a watch if you’re an F1 fan

Loved the Hesketh and Hunt coverage, so very British and amusing. I had thought Hesketh was a chinless wonder entitled buffoon. He very definitely isn’t!

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Wet track. Interesting race to come.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Cricket: "Ha, our rain rules are madness! Nobody could possibly delay the actual sport taking place for longer than we can!"

F1: "Hold my wet tyre..."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here