[Misc] F1 2021

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
So that leads Max to say that there are one set of rules for him and another set for all the other drivers!

There certainly are and that’s why the other drivers are complaining about him being treated differently. Still in Maxworld there is an alternate reality and he’s always the victim.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I didn't realise until today about Jos Verstappens chequered - no pun intended - past with his love life. My favourite detail being that he was arrested for attempted murder of one of his girlfriends (all charges dropped in the legal interests of NSC) who he later got back with (yes, really) before divorcing in 2017. Another one had a restraining order on him - which he was found guilty of breaking - and consequently got 3 months probation. Charmer.

With Max having him as a father and Horner as a boss (As an aside, I met Horner in the early 2000s when he was with Arden, my first words when I wandered off were "What a ****") it probably gives context why Max believes he can do what he wants. That all said, may the best man win Sunday. I'd love to see a decent, fair race on the track. I'd prefer it if Lewis won but I wouldn't mind if Max won a decent contest (Horners a different story). What I really don't want is the full tanks, couldn't break take them out at the first corner trick.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I didn't realise until today about Jos Verstappens chequered - no pun intended - past with his love life. My favourite detail being that he was arrested for attempted murder of one of his girlfriends (all charges dropped in the legal interests of NSC) who he later got back with (yes, really) before divorcing in 2017. Another one had a restraining order on him - which he was found guilty of breaking - and consequently got 3 months probation. Charmer.

With Max having him as a father and Horner as a boss (As an aside, I met Horner in the early 2000s when he was with Arden, my first words when I wandered off were "What a ****") it probably gives context why Max believes he can do what he wants. That all said, may the best man win Sunday. I'd love to see a decent, fair race on the track. I'd prefer it if Lewis won but I wouldn't mind if Max won a decent contest (Horners a different story). What I really don't want is the full tanks, couldn't break take them out at the first corner trick.

The F1 special on 5Live gave a good insight into Max’s upbringing. He was ‘programmed’ to be a racing driver by his Dad. Jos was good at the ‘hard love’ aspect, after one particular karting race where Max’s racing was judged not to have been up to scratch, Jos dropped him at a gas station and left him there.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I feel like a collision is unlikely- LH knows what to expect- so just gives him space at the corners - and then knows he is faster in the straights so can overtake there if he needs to. Patience required- something Max doesn’t have.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The F1 special on 5Live gave a good insight into Max’s upbringing. He was ‘programmed’ to be a racing driver by his Dad. Jos was good at the ‘hard love’ aspect, after one particular karting race where Max’s racing was judged not to have been up to scratch, Jos dropped him at a gas station and left him there.

My son watches a lot of F1 youtube stuff and says there are stories on there of Jos sending Max out onto karting circuits in slicks in the rain.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Unfortunately Max looks like he’s becoming another product of red bulls molly coddling and constant hot air blown up his backside.

I’ve said before on here I like Max, behind Lewis he’s probably one of my favourites purely based on will to win and outright speed you can’t doubt his ability, but I said in this thread months ago poor driving with very little punishment and constant affirmations of his actions from within red bull are a very dangerous concoction, his driving standards are getting worse and worse, Red Bull and Horners denial of Max ever possibly being in the wrong is going to culminate in something very bad happening.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Red Bull team principal Christian Horner says his driver Max Verstappen has been the class of the 2021 field.

He also thinks Mercedes have had the best car for most of the season

Discuss!

I just rolled my eyes....do YOU think he's right? ( No not you [MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION] :lolol:)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Red Bull team principal Christian Horner says his driver Max Verstappen has been the class of the 2021 field.

Discuss!

He’s a very, very highly skilled driver, who has driven breathtakingly well at times.

One word you could never use in association with the guy, though, is ‘class’. He has none.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He’s a very, very highly skilled driver, who has driven breathtakingly well at times.

One word you could never use in association with the guy, though, is ‘class’. He has none.

I agree but it's very disrepectful to Hamilton and a somewhat myopic view of the season imo

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

Discuss!

I just rolled my eyes....do YOU think he's right? ( No not you [MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION] :lolol:)

I would say the red bull was the stronger car for 2/3 of the season and Horner just needs to stop whining it is not a good look and the ‘Karen Horner’ label is both well earned and deserved by him.

Max is a good driver but Hamilton has lots of years and experience on him and a personality that demands the very best of everyone around him. The fact he kept so close throughout the early season and has capitalised in the final third should be marvelled at and Horners continued digs come across as the bitter ramblings of a sad little man

Shippers

Jan 12, 2016

Discuss!

Max is immensely talented and no other driver on the grid would of taken the fight to the last race of the season with Lewis, however this season more than ever before he has shown his immaturity & arrogance on the track with a large dose of entitlement which is not class, like Neymar in football terms.

In regards the car, I think it has gone back and forth all season with the Redball holding the upper hand on the more twisty tight tracks and the Mercs better at tracks with longer straights, so nothing in it IMO.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Discuss!

There is some irony in Karen’s assumptions. He is clearly getting the excuses in early and making a land grab for the underdog tag.

However, what has happened this season, especially in the last few races, is that Hamilton has gone up in a lot of people’s estimations. Many more people consider him the undisputed Goat. Why?

I’m all my time watching F1 (from the Mansell era) I have not seen a driver having to actively avoid a collision on so many occasions. In the last race alone, Hamilton ran into Ocon whilst avoid Max as well as having to let Ocon through as Max emerged from off the track to try and harpoon him. He even had enough skill to avoid serious damage after Max’s 2.6g break test.

There won’t be another Hamilton in my lifetime, a genius driver who generally races within rules and under that assumption of good old fashioned, British fair play. Max will undoubtedly try and engineer a collision and push the title question to the stewards on Sunday, however, Hamilton knows that - can he avoid all the late breaking at corners, break tests and corner cutting that will be thrown at him on Sunday? I think he can.

D

Deleted member 2719

Discuss!

With my level head on.....as always............. yes he is bang on IMO.:thumbs-up:

Last edited by a moderator:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
It’s a shame really as there is so much to like about Max racing ability wise he has outright speed and consistency on race pace, he’s not a very likeable character but there’s plenty of drivers over the years who have had similar attitudes.

It’s almost as if he’s been radicalised by Red Bull, it seems like a cult like set up where they will not accept any fault for even blatantly poor driving, the fact nobody from red bull has come out after his driving standards during that race will only reaffirm his dangerous tactics and belief he is doing nothing wrong.

I really hope I’m wrong but if Hamilton and him are side by side at the start or any other point I can genuinely see him just side swiping him out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports