Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] F1 2021

D

Deleted member 2719

Should be a further penalty. Poor from Verstappen all round. Brake checking Hamilton was inexcusable. Taking places off the track (twice) was inexcusable. Wouldn't be at all surprised if he punts Hamilton off at Yas Marina to win on countback.

Brake testing has not been proved yet, could it just be Merc f*ced up communication to Lewis?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The consensus amongst the commentators appear to be that it was due to mis-communication between the race director and Mercedes - even TW is pulling back on the accusations - we need to wait for the stewards decision, they have all the telemetry.

Toto claiming the telemetry shows max was accelerating then breaking continuously if true then alongside the other incidents could be a penalty. Even with the miscommunication it was far from a normal way of letting someone through as he was holding the line.

Let’s see what the stewards come back with

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
They actually going to need to invent new rules for this prick.

Again. Had to introduce the rule on moves in the braking zones because he kept trying to swerve into people passing him.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Toto claiming the telemetry shows max was accelerating then breaking continuously if true then alongside the other incidents could be a penalty. Even with the miscommunication it was far from a normal way of letting someone through as he was holding the line.

Let’s see what the stewards come back with

If someone did it for a blue flag they’d be disqualified. Shouldn’t be seen any differently IMHO.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I lost count of Max’s dodgy moves in that one- the actual contact seemed more like a misunderstanding than anything- Max trying to let Lewis past and Lewis not knowing what was going on- but other moments were beyond the pale IMO. He has no respect for track limits and will do anything to overtake or not give a place up.

The way he eventually gave the place back - exactly at the point he could then DRS overtake to get it straight back - was a dick move IMO - it’s like- ‘you’ve gained the place by cheating so give it back’ - so do it with some sportsmanship surely- not in a cynical way where you take it straight back again.

Anyway all came out in the wash at the end with the 5 second penalty and then he gave the place backs again and effectively admitted defeat.

So into the final race even on points but Max has more wins - so - if ‘theoretically’ Max took out Lewis, Max would win the championship [emoji2369]

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I can't wait for next week, but why not have a new world champion this year, Merc have dominated it for too long, we would not want it in football so why would we in F1?

I imagine Lewis already has his list-of-blame should he not emerge triumphant next week.

He could probably keep it short: "Everyone in the team but me".

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I miss your point here, it seems a fair comment?

Horner swerves the persistent dangerous and cheating driving of MV, instead mentioning the knock-on effect of MV not abiding by the race director’s ruling.

Shirley LH would now be with the stewards for driving into MV if at fault?

In football we’d call it the unsportsman-like whinging of a **** of bad loser manager.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I lost count of Max’s dodgy moves in that one- the actual contact seemed more like a misunderstanding than anything- Max trying to let Lewis past and Lewis not knowing what was king on- but other moments were beyond the pale IMO.

Not my view. I think it went like this.

1. Max told to give the place back and then plans exactly where to do it, just before the DRS line so he can get the tow and lowered rear wing and repass him (exactly what he did later).

2. Lewis NOT told about being able to repass in time, notices Max going REALLY slow and thinks it’s an accident or another safety car and that he can’t overtake.

3. Max sees Lewis not passing him and thinks that he is gaming the DRS line too.

4. Max then slams the brakes on whilst swerving as he believed that was his only option to stay ahead at that point. There is a huge second breaking period after he has already gone down to third gear when Lewis is right behind. Break test for me.

The data will show all this:

If they don’t want Max taking Lewis out in the first corner of the next race, he has to get a grid penalty, that’s the only way we’ll see them both survive the first lap next Sunday.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
In previous races whenever Michael Masi (Race Director) was on the radio to the teams- the pundits always said that it wasn’t him who took the decisions (penalties etc) - it would all be down to the stewards.

In this race it seemed like Michael Masi took all the decisions- asking drivers to swop places etc, the only decision the stewards seemed to take was the 5 second penalty.

That confused me- why wasn’t it left to the stewards today, isn’t that what they are there for? It seemed like they were just chatting about swopping places to avoid involving the stewards, which seemed rogue.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I lost count of Max’s dodgy moves in that one- the actual contact seemed more like a misunderstanding than anything- Max trying to let Lewis past and Lewis not knowing what was going on- but other moments were beyond the pale IMO. He has no respect for track limits and will do anything to overtake or not give a place up.

The way he eventually gave the place back - exactly at the point he could then DRS overtake to get it straight back - was a dick move IMO - it’s like- ‘you’ve gained the place by cheating so give it back’ - so do it with some sportsmanship surely- not in a cynical way where you take it straight back again.

Anyway all came out in the wash at the end with the 5 second penalty and then he gave the place backs again and effectively admitted defeat.

So into the final race even on points but Max has more wins - so - if ‘theoretically’ Max took out Lewis, Max would win the championship [emoji2369]

You mean exactly what LH did a few years back? Belgium GP I think.

D

Deleted member 2719

If you're giving back a place you pull to the side, you don't slow down in the middle.

A bus could get through there.

Because the only contender, is a nasty, spoiled little ****.

See that is how I have seen Lewis for yonks, he has calmed down slightly, but if you can't see that, I am amazed.

I imagine Lewis already has his list-of-blame should he not emerge triumphant next week.

Your spot on, on this, it is and has always been his position since 8 years old.

Let's look forward to next week guys.

I have even managed to pull a few favours to get an early KO for my daughter's football match just so I can get back in time.:clap:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Correct result

Lets hope pantomime season ends tomorrow and we get a proper fair race to decide it all.

Max is a blisteringly fast driver but needs to grow and wise up quickly.

If he hadn't been fast tracked to F1 via his father I do wonder if he'd actually make it .

Racecraft is schoolboy, and like his father he's shaping up to be a proper c**t

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
Great race, I thoroughly enjoyed that result.
I don't get the hate for LH from some on here especially in comparison to someone like MV but it takes all sorts I guess. Seems to be a British thing.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
A bus could get through there.

See that is how I have seen Lewis for yonks, he has calmed down slightly, but if you can't see that, I am amazed.

Your spot on, on this, it is and has always been his position since 8 years old.

Let's look forward to next week guys.

I have even managed to pull a few favours to get an early KO for my daughter's football match just so I can get back in time.:clap:

Then please can you pull a few more favours to get Barber to move the Spuds game to 5:30pm so the rest of us can watch too!

D

Deleted member 2719

Horner swerves the persistent dangerous and cheating driving of MV, instead mentioning the knock-on effect of MV not abiding by the race director’s ruling.

Shirley LH would now be with the stewards for driving into MV if at fault?

In football we’d call it the unsportsman-like whinging of a **** of bad loser manager.

I saw Toto pulling a wild one with his headset, these guys have never been pushed and it's fun for all to see someone push them.

It's like the Eubanks V Benn fights, nasty but exciting, and on the edge. No one loves dominance, it sucks the life out of that sport.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I get the impression you're not a Lewis fan ? And after all that investment in F1 'media training' which must only be secondary to politicians.

However, Max is incredibly talented and, in 12-15 years time we'll know whether he is better than Hamilton. But I really think that the simple fact is at this point (5/12/21) Hamilton is GOAT. Max may do better and, if he does, I'll be the first to post to this end on 5/12/33 :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here