Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] F1 2021

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
The difference in qualification times between Senna and Nakajima is jaw dropping. 8 (Eight) Seconds a lap in some cases.

https://www.gptoday.net/en/news/f1/246843/ayrton-senna-special-teammates-4-satoru-nakajima

Yeah, that was pretty extreme. But on the flipside, he scored points in all 5 seasons he competed, in an era where only the top 6 got points and pre-qualifying was a thing. He was clearly outclassed up against Senna - mostly because he never had even a fraction of Senna's raw talent, but also partly as it was his rookie season). My memory (rather vague nowadays looking back that far!) is that he was quite a bit better on race day than in qually, and definitely not the worst driver on the grid in the seasons he competed.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Was anybody else waiting for Toto Wolff to come on the radio yesterday when Valtteri went purple purple

'Valtteri abort pole lap' :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hamilton wobbling?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Interesting video on the programme for today’s GP with Martin Brundle and Damon Hill driving and discussing the F1 1961 Shark Nose Ferrari, beautiful cars

D4F7403F-E89D-4FF8-A5D5-7790AA62FC3A.jpeg

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Is this the race that defines this season?

Lewis sounded very low after quali in a session he should have done well in? Bluff or are we seeing a genuine swing away from him being the man to beat?

Intriguing for me, really hope we are not witnessing the start of his decline….

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Whoever they decide was responsible for that crash Max is a complete **** for not checking on how Hamilton was when he walked away. **** me

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Without doubt. Nice of Verstappen to stop and check he was ok. Not. No, rather get straight on the radio complaining about Hamilton.

I think Hamilton was trying to reverse out from under Max so that would let him know that Lewis was ok.

I'm just shocked at how close Hamilton came to dying yet was able to try and reverse out and when he couldn't jumped out and walked off. I guess I shouldn't be so shocked after the Grosjean crash a few years ago and him only suffering some burns to his hands but...jeez, that was close.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Is this a Bottas ringer? Best drive for years by him

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think Hamilton was trying to reverse out from under Max so that would let him know that Lewis was ok.

I'm just shocked at how close Hamilton came to dying yet was able to try and reverse out and when he couldn't jumped out and walked off. I guess I shouldn't be so shocked after the Grosjean crash a few years ago and him only suffering some burns to his hands but...jeez, that was close.

You Max apologist :lolol:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Max surely had to get out of that, wasn’t ahead and had to yield the line, more reckless driving from Verstappen I’m afraid

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here