Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] F1 2020

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Interesting point I read in the week- Ferrari with their dubious engine last year really pushed Mercedes to keep improving and improving to make sure they kept winning. Then Ferrari had their engine banned and the end result is Mercedes miles ahead this season.

They are gong to 1:2 in the great majority of races this season. Ridiculous, (and a bit dull) level of dominance

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It’s a shame that Mercedes are now even more dominant. After last season I was hoping Red Bull and Ferrari would both be challenging again and maybe getting even closer. Red Bull have gone backwards and Ferrari have had to stop allegedly engine cheating. The Racing Point and McLaren have closed up on RB and Ferrari to make the best of the rest pretty competitive though.

If the rumours of Vettel replacing Perez at Red Bull next season are true, I am wondering if Perez will move to Red Bull. I get the impression that RB are pretty underwhelmed by how far Albon is behind Max every race. The pressure of having a top driver in the same car seems to have got to him. Maybe they will give Gasly another chance but I can’t see Albon lasting much longer if he doesn’t up his game quickly.

Last edited:

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I think Vettel probably could be headed to Racing Point / Aston Martin to replace Perez. I don’t think Perez is rated in the paddock as a top driver but he does bring with him a lot of Mexican sponsorship money. On that basis I could see him going to one of the smaller teams which are in need of that sort of cash- e.g. Williams, HAS, Sauber / Alfa.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
It’s a shame that Mercedes are now even more dominant. After last season I was hoping Red Bull and Ferrari would both be challenging again and maybe getting even closer. Red Bull have gone backwards and Ferrari have had to stop allegedly engine cheating. The Racing Point and McLaren have closed up on RB and Ferrari to make the best of the rest pretty competitive though.

If the rumours of Vettel replacing Perez at Red Bull next season are true, I am wondering if Perez will move to Red Bull. I get the impression that RB are pretty underwhelmed by how far Albon is behind Max every race. The pressure of having a top driver in the same car seems to have got to him. Maybe they will give Gasly another chance but I can’t see Albon lasting much longer if he doesn’t up his game quickly.

RBs hiring strategy is akin to PB team selection, anything could happen

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It’s a shame that Mercedes are now even more dominant.

It is a shame for the sport but brilliant for Lewis’ stats. He is......

1 World Championship away from equalling Schumacher’s all time record.

5 wins away from equalling Schumacher’s GP win all time record.

9 Pole Positions away from taking his all time record above 100 (which would be 32 more than Schumacher in 2nd place).

And he wants to race another three seasons!

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

9 Pole Positions away from taking his all time record above 100 (which would be 32 more than Schumacher in 2nd place).

And I don't see the field catching up with that merc anytime soon. As things stand only Bottas can stop him claiming title number 7 .... and I don't think Lewis is too worried. He's preferring Bottas there than Rosberg

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I enjoy the feeder series more, loads of action. Watch out for Liam Lawson in a RB or TR in a couple of seasons

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Only a smidge off topic, I watched Le Mans '66 over the weekend. Terrific car film that actually held the attention and enjoyed by all four of us including Mrs Earle and young Earle's other half, neither of whom expressed much enthusiasm before it started.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Honest question - I'm at a bit of a loss for things to do this afternoon. Is it worth watching todays race or will it be a bit of a snoozefest/procession?

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Honest question - I'm at a bit of a loss for things to do this afternoon. Is it worth watching todays race or will it be a bit of a snoozefest/procession?

BTCC on ITV4 will be on for most of the day in Madafwo towers, first rounds of the season as well so if you're new to it you haven't missed anything. Loads of support races as well, including Ginetta Juniors which is where an even younger Lando Norris was rookie of the year in 2014.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Given that Schumacher’s team mates had to move over for him if they were in front I suggest Hamilton would already be 20% up on him if Mercedes had the same contempt for Lewis’ team mates as Ferrairi had for Schumacher’s :smile:

We need Lewis to break all Schumacher’s record to put to bed for good who was the better driver. Both have had the best cars

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

If Lewis keeps the lead from the start, the race is likely to be done BUT there is likely to be plenty of action for 3rd downwards. Well worth watching I’d suggest

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
If Lewis keeps the lead from the start, the race is likely to be done BUT there is likely to be plenty of action for 3rd downwards. Well worth watching I’d suggest

There are 4 or 5 different construction teams who are very similar in ability, some work better at different tracks. Silverstone is a high percentage of top speed so Maclaren may have a good day

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Given that Schumacher’s team mates had to move over for him if they were in front I suggest Hamilton would already be 20% up on him if Mercedes had the same contempt for Lewis’ team mates as Ferrairi had for Schumacher’s :smile:

We need Lewis to break all Schumacher’s record to put to bed for good who was the better driver. Both have had the best cars

Taking out Hill at Monaco :facepalm:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I think I'll watch, as I can multi task and iron some shirts for work. Maybe flit bewixt bangers on ITV4 and boremula 1

In other news I've just entered my first race for a few years, better see If I can still do thebelts up and squeeze into my romper suit!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here