Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] F1 2020

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Russell misses out on pole by .026 of a second

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Loving the fact that George couldn't get the car in position by the 2nd place board. Just not used to it, bless him.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Loving the fact that George couldn't get the car in position by the 2nd place board. Just not used to it, bless him.

Bottas couldn't last week. My and my boy were falling about as he left it like a BMW X2 in Waitrose car park. It might just be a bit of a tight squeeze!

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Bottas couldn't last week. My and my boy were falling about as he left it like a BMW X2 in Waitrose car park. It might just be a bit of a tight squeeze!

Yeah, but that's Bottas, he probably puts his shoes on the correct feet and says "To whom it may concern"

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Which reopens the question, is it the driver or is it the car?
A driver who never troubles the leaders, except when being lapped, and currently has zero points is put in a different car and is up front.
Wish him luck.

I don't think anyone disputes the car is important. But put Messi in the Sunderland team and then say he’s shit because he doesn't win the Champions League. F1 like football is a team sport, the Williams is nowadays unfortunately a disaster of a team, the owners just recently selling out to private equity to save it. Russell is a Mercs driver, driven thousands of miles in their F1 car, he will win F1 championships in the future. And on Hamilton, from Verstappen "he will make the difference in the most crucial moments. That's why he is a seven-time world champion." And Russell “Guys like Lewis make the difference when the pressure is on in the key moments. That's what Lewis has done so well over all the years. He's a superstar of course and if you are Toto or anyone else you want him in your car."

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Which reopens the question, is it the driver or is it the car?
A driver who never troubles the leaders, except when being lapped, and currently has zero points is put in a different car and is up front.
Wish him luck.

How he does in the race will go someway to answering your question, but whatever happens we’d need to see how he does over a season. This is a free hit for Russell and he may do very well, as I said earlier in the thread I think he may not finish the race as he will feel the pressure once the lights go out.

We’ll see, he may be another Max or Lewis, he is very highly rated.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
How he does in the race will go someway to answering your question, but whatever happens we’d need to see how he does over a season. This is a free hit for Russell and he may do very well, as I said earlier in the thread I think he may not finish the race as he will feel the pressure once the lights go out.

We’ll see, he may be another Max or Lewis, he is very highly rated.

Free hit yes but the potential damage he’ll do to Bottas’ confidence if he beats him can’t be underestimated. It could mean that he gets Bottas’ seat sooner than Mercedes had originally planned.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Fantastic achievement by Russell underscored by the fact he can’t even fit in the car in comfort, which will you would imagine be more difficult in the race that over one lap. Looking forward to the race.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Free hit yes but the potential damage he’ll do to Bottas’ confidence if he beats him can’t be underestimated. It could mean that he gets Bottas’ seat sooner than Mercedes had originally planned.

Very true, personally I think Bottas is a top driver whose race day confidence has been destroyed by Hamilton. I expect him to win by a margin today. Oohh I am setting myself up for a big FAIL today aren’t I? Suggesting Russell will be lucky to finish and that Bottas will walk the race......

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Fantastic achievement by Russell underscored by the fact he can’t even fit in the car in comfort, which will you would imagine be more difficult in the race that over one lap. Looking forward to the race.

I agree. He is actually taller than Matty Ryan! Most F1 drivers are like jockeys.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
F1 cars on a go kart track

Should be entertaining,apparently the F2 yesterday was

Great chance for Perez today with Mercedes power

Jul 7, 2003

I read this morning that he is having to wear racing boots one size smaller then usual to fit into the cockpit. I know F1 shoes are very light but even s0, having your toes scrunched up for that long that will be uncomfortable after a couple of hours.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
I read this morning that he is having to wear racing boots one size smaller then usual to fit into the cockpit. I know F1 shoes are very light but even s0, having your toes scrunched up for that long that will be uncomfortable after a couple of hours.

Ice on his shoulder, toes and knees to reduce swelling after he’s been in the car. Quite remarkable performance all considered.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Really want Russell to do well Today but I think it’s Bottas vs Verstappen today, I think George himself has said the race will be very tough for him, fancy a Verstappen win.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Amazing and very moving interview with Grosjean :bowdown:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Damn, how unlucky for the race that we’ve lost Le Clerc and Verstappen :(

Russell takes the lead off the start.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Blimey here we go again!

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Russell smashing it!! [emoji91]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here