Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] F1 2020

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
As you say its likely not to be a great race due to limited overtaking opportunities and being difficult to follow, but plenty of the drivers again expressing what a great circuit it is to drive. Looked great during quali too with people watching from their houses overlooking Rivazza.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They just showed the Senna crash but I had to leave the room. That is the most chilling “remember where were you when someone died” moment in my life :down:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'd love to see George Russell score a point for Williams.

Norris is good but Russell looks like being our second best Brit after Lewis.

Looking at the lad, his season reminds me a bit of Alonso in a Minardi all those years ago. You could tell he was class despite recording a best place of 10th.

Hopefully he’ll get a competitive drive soon.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Luck with the virtual safety car for Hamilton.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Mr Angry goes second. He’ll have to go some to catch Lewis though

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Good luck for Lewis but he had just cleared the 27 second gap needed for the over it. One thing that I think has improved the most with Lewis is his tyre management, he has so much better control over his tyres than his rivals.

Mercedes had to pit Bottas because of Verstappen undercut, I do feel sorry for Bottas though, he’s had an unfortunate season despite being soundly beaten.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
George Russell crashes behind the safety car! Not seen that before, but Sky say it has happened.

Yep..think he was trying to warm his tyres and it just kept left off the track....as he is ok, it was actually hilarious!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Got to feel for Russel, he’s driving probably the equally worst car on the grid and has been so close to points so many times and then for that to happen when he finally looks set to pick up points. Harsh, but it was his own mistake he just needs to get the monkey off his back.

Similar to Albon, I feel for Albon, the pressure at Red Bull seems to destroy drivers, Verstappen is such a relentless team mate.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
When Russel crashes behind the safety car and when Grosjean did the same thing

5E6140EB-6A22-432E-A130-0AEBCF0254F7.jpeg

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
A weekend where F1 is definitely going to be THE sports event of the weekend for me. Verstappen and Le Clerc fastest in 2nd practice. Bottas 3rd and Hamilton 4th. According to Hamilton the new track is like an ice rink and he found it terrifying! This could be a very interesting and eventful race :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here