Votes: 13 17.1%
  • F##k it

Votes: 63 82.9%

• Total voters

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
If you have paid for and chosen to sit in the Family Stand then it is perfectly reasonable to expect others around you to tone down their language HOWEVER around the rest of the ground it is foolish to expect everyone to behave similarly. For many of us going to the football is a place to let off steam and behave without having to watch yourself as you might during the week at work, or around the mother in law at home.

There are always going to be people who take it too far and make themselves look like morons but you just have to accept that it's part of the game, you can't go forbidding them from expressing themselves. There has been enough fun taken out of being in the crowd as it is what with there being no roof, not being allowed a beer, being forbidden to stand up etc.

If you don't like it, sit somewhere else, don't play the concerned citizen and spoil someone else's enjoyment of the game.

Apart from anything else a bit of creative swearing can often be very funny and a rallying cry for a quiet crowd

I expect to hear swearing at a football ground but to keep calling the ref and linesman c--ts constantly and at the top of your voice is not on.

If you did it out on the street you could be arrested.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I swear far too much at football, I know that and have periods of remorse for my mouth. That is until the game! Never ever use the c word though. I really do not like that, even more so when you hear a woman/girl shout it.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
In the Family Stand your language should be moderated.

Everywhere else - read my signature...................................c**t.

If it was in G block, that was me, not the big mother f:censored:ker. The told off guy. I found it strange that he resorted to swearing to make his point though. I was quite proud of my shout of "referee that is preposterous" not long after though.

He was huge though and there was no chance of me getting in to argument with him.

I was sitting a few rows back and heard the exchange, and also the "preposterous" retort which may me chuckle so your pride is justified! Didn't quite see what the fuss was about, I assume the guy with the young lad on his shoulder behind/near you wasn't fussed.

Perhaps there is scope for promoting more innovative abuse of refs and players. What's wrong with buffoon, rapscallion, bounder, ne'er do well, hobblydehoy, "ref, that decision is totally misguided" and the like?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Within reason. Growing up I used to love hearing "ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh you're shit, ahhhh" at goal kicks. "The referee's a wanker" is a classic.

It's understandable when there's a frustrated "WTF?!" at a questionable decision or bad miss, or repeated mistake.

But there are times when individuals go on an extremely foul-mouthed rant against one person (usually the ref or linesman, who most often actually made the right calls if a little picky or harsh) in an completely unnecessary and offensive way.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Perhaps there is scope for promoting more innovative abuse of refs and players. What's wrong with buffoon, rapscallion, bounder, ne'er do well, hobblydehoy, "ref, that decision is totally misguided" and the like?

Alright, I'm starting campaign here and now. The next time we have a dodgy ref (so, tuesday) I demand the crowd start a "the referee's a ne'er do well!" chant.

Sorry to bounce this but I must also suggest "nincompoop" - those of you going tomorrow might like to try it. Or what about "Der brain" - my daughter's (6 & 8) use it all the time!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
"You veritable POLTROON!!!!

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
If it was in G block, that was me, not the big mother f:censored:ker. The told off guy. I found it strange that he resorted to swearing to make his point though. I was quite proud of my shout of "referee that is preposterous" not long after though.

He was huge though and there was no chance of me getting in to argument with him.

Sorry mate but the funniest one was ...'i am very disappointed'. That had me howling with laughter. When he asked you if you could see 'that sign' i was hoping you would say 'what the one with Royal Air Force on it'.

He doesn't normally sit there, and pretty much all those around you where on your side. You won us over with the 'hurry up, i have things to do tonight' earlier during their first half injury-fest.
:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I fear we have to accept swearing as part of the norm quite simply because no one is strong enough to stand up and try to stop it. Everyone swears occasionally but just because " It's football " it's still wrong, especially when it comes to local league and park football.
I found out my brother-in-law was playing in a match in a park near my house and so I thought I would take my 8 year old daughter up to see her uncle play...... big mistake.. I got to about 40 yards from the touchline before turning round and heading home. The volleys of foul language directed at the ref and linesmen and between the teams and even team mates were horrific.

Also I was at a Worthing FC game once and one blokes language was so foul I could not believe it. One of the regulars had to go over and tell him to shut up or get out. :facepalm:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Sorry mate but the funniest one was ...'i am very disappointed'. That had me howling with laughter. When he asked you if you could see 'that sign' i was hoping you would say 'what the one with Royal Air Force on it'.

He doesn't normally sit there, and pretty much all those around you where on your side. You won us over with the 'hurry up, i have things to do tonight' earlier during their first half injury-fest.
:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

We thought he meant the Fontwell races one but perhaps you are right. I am glad I am getting some support on this thread as I do get a bit carried away at times. To all the G block regulars if I am annoying you just say so nicely, I am not unreasonable.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Yet another reason seating is so totally crap, you can't move if you like/don't like swearing, you are stuck maybe for a whole season next to some librarian who just wants to sit and applaud politely, it's just not football! lets have an area at Falmer for the 'I don't want to stand its too dangerous'/'I don't like swearing'/'or drinking brigade' - well away from those of us who remember when going to football was fun and not a bunch of restrictions/laws/rules.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here