[Football] Eye on the Championship 19-20/11

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
2-0 Assombolonga again, just the type we need

He's just the type of young, pacey striker needed that would come in and instantly have a positive effect, but he's only just signed a new 5 year deal with Forest and given how prices in the January window are always inflated, he wouldn't be a cheap option. Wouldn't be surprised if it took a bid of at least 12m to get a dialogue going.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
2-0 Assombolonga again, just the type we need

I agree he is quality. Problem is if their crazy owner is still their could be an outside possibility as he seems to be asset stripping whilst looking to sell. Burke was sold very quickly and if he is still in control I think he would happily take another £10 million. They have been in such long take over talks I would guess the new owners if it happens would not sell but who knows.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
He's just the type of young, pacey striker needed that would come in and instantly have a positive effect, but he's only just signed a new 5 year deal with Forest and given how prices in the January window are always inflated, he wouldn't be a cheap option. Wouldn't be surprised if it took a bid of at least 12m to get a dialogue going.

Sadly you are right. He would cost us over 10 million

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

1m when he went to Peterborough. Reportedly 5m to forest. It would take 10m to bag him I reckon.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Surely better for newcastle to win tomorro. And win every other game except ours. Be more than happy with 2nd and that is easier if they take 3 points off everyone were competing with. Starting with massive leeds tomoro no?
I agree with you. But I'm not too fussed about tomorrow's result after today. There's three possible outcomes:

1. Newcastle stretch their lead and then as you said, hopefully continue to beat anyone chasing us.

2. They draw, meaning very little has changed from two weeks ago. Reading have edged closer to us but others have dropped away.

3. Leeds win, meaning they get themselves firmly in the running but also prevent Newcastle from giving everyone the slip.

I'd rather option 1 or 2, but none of the outcomes are particularly bad for us.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I agree he is quality. Problem is if their crazy owner is still their could be an outside possibility as he seems to be asset stripping whilst looking to sell. Burke was sold very quickly and if he is still in control I think he would happily take another £10 million. They have been in such long take over talks I would guess the new owners if it happens would not sell but who knows.

£10m for Assombalonga seems like a snip. Yes, please. If he's recovered from his injury, I can see him doing alright in the PL too.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Not sure clubs would risk it yet as he's been struggling for 2 years with injuries....wouldn't risk it even though he's class when he's rarely playing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports