Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Extra seats released for Testimonial!

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Yeah, I noticed that. Still loads in the North and on the ends of the West.

Maybe the club are getting ready for the rush once Owen, Essien and Forlan sign.

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
Pure speculation, but I wonder whether they've been getting pressure from people wanting "their own" seat or they won't go?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Pure speculation, but I wonder whether they've been getting pressure from people wanting "their own" seat or they won't go?

This , I believe there are a sizeable number who want to watch from a stand that there season ticket is in and not be forced to sitting in the North Stand.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I know somebody who tried to buy 4 tickets today for some Polish guys who are over for the barnsley game but was not allow to buy without being 'signed up' as members. These guys will only be here for 2 weeks and unlikely to be back.

B&H is a holiday City, teaming with foreign students. Indeed, you could include all the Sussex seaside towns. A lot of these students would love to see a match and FDM's testimonial would be an ideal time to get them in and make an impression that will hopefully last when they go home.

However, these students will not want to sign for memberships and, let's be fair, each membership must involve the club in some cost.

Surely the club ought to look into this? It's not as if there are security issues for these games?

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
I know somebody who tried to buy 4 tickets today for some Polish guys who are over for the barnsley game but was not allow to buy without being 'signed up' as members. These guys will only be here for 2 weeks and unlikely to be back.

B&H is a holiday City, teaming with foreign students. Indeed, you could include all the Sussex seaside towns. A lot of these students would love to see a match and FDM's testimonial would be an ideal time to get them in and make an impression that will hopefully last when they go home.

However, these students will not want to sign for memberships and, let's be fair, each membership must involve the club in some cost.

Surely the club ought to look into this? It's not as if there are security issues for these games?

I might be wrong but I think that the club are obliged to have some basic details of the person occupying each seat? They only have to registar which means giving your name and address basically, what's the problem?

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade

Takes no effort to sign up for a membership.. It's not like they have to purchase one.

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
As @Uwinc says, I believe clubs have to maintain a list of everybody in the premises, hence having to be "signed in" by a member whenever I go to my local snooker club. (After all, we are a football CLUB.)

I suppose it also allows them to make sure they can stick to the "one ticket per person" rule.

i know somebody who tried to buy 4 tickets today for some polish guys who are over for the barnsley game but was not allow to buy without being 'signed up' as members. These guys will only be here for 2 weeks and unlikely to be back.

B&h is a holiday city, teaming with foreign students. Indeed, you could include all the sussex seaside towns. A lot of these students would love to see a match and fdm's testimonial would be an ideal time to get them in and make an impression that will hopefully last when they go home.

we need a few seats held back for oversea visitors now we are a big club???

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Easy to register a first time visitor to the Amex - did it for my father in law yesterday for the Kuipers game, name and an address, no problem at all. And having just listened to the latest Albion Roar podcast (whilst sitting in the sunshine of Lanzarote!) featuring FDM my opinion of the bloke has gone even higher - a true Albion legend, a supporter as well as a player and sounds totally genuine. The only good reason I can see to return to the UK from my holiday is to be there on Tuesday.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I might be wrong but I think that the club are obliged to have some basic details of the person occupying each seat? They only have to registar which means giving your name and address basically, what's the problem?

Nah, I've been several times on freebies, the club doesn't have any of my details, definitely.....

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
This is supposed to be an entertainment. People aren't expected to give their name & address when going to the races, theatre, cinema.

Visit the greyhounds in the summer and there's likely to be a fair number of overseas students. They might not all want to be there, or stay too long, but there must be some sort of tie up. Football is very popular, we have a fantastic stadium anda fair number of overseas players.

Casual visitors, in no way, should have priority over real fans but the games I mentioned will have seats to spare/

Still, in regards to the Polish guys we could just make up some unpronoucable names and addresses!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here