Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Explanation needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Something has been reported in numerous press sources - not random whatsup, snapchat or Twatter entries. Despite these being firmly in the public domain, somebody on NSC is determined to censor any mention of certain articles in the Daily Fail, The Times, MSN etc.
If there's a good reason for this, FFS why not put up a thread about it? If there's a valid reason that it must not be discussed, I've no doubt that NSCers would comply.

So far. I haven't seen one.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I’ll answer with what I have been told, which is that the club consider this a private matter and that much of the reporting is speculation and at this point further comment, speculation etc is unhelpful. I think we should respect that for all parties plus Bozza.

Please don’t use this thread to debate the subject or it will have to be closed. Thanks.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I’ll answer with what I have been told, which is that the club consider this a private matter and that much of the reporting is speculation and at this point further comment, speculation etc is unhelpful. I think we should respect that for all parties plus Bozza.

Please don’t use this thread to debate the subject or it will have to be closed. Thanks.

OK, fair enough if that's what you've been told. It's a shame that the same explanation wasn't more widely circulated. Happy to comply - certainly don't want to cause Bozza any trouble of that sort. No more from me on the subject - though it's hardly a private matter any more having been published in the Mail and the Times!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
OK, fair enough if that's what you've been told. It's a shame that the same explanation wasn't more widely circulated. Happy to comply - certainly don't want to cause Bozza any trouble of that sort. No more from me on the subject - though it's hardly a private matter any more having been published in the Mail and the Times!

No problem GT… it’s a Friday night and I guess we’ve all been busy with other stuff. I imagine the mega news corps can publish what they want and have armies of lawyers to manage any potential fallout and build that into their business models.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No problem GT… it’s a Friday night and I guess we’ve all been busy with other stuff. I imagine the mega news corps can publish what they want and have armies of lawyers to manage any potential fallout and build that into their business models.

True - and I don't know what was posted in the plethora of deleted threads because we can't see them - but even at this level there is a big difference between posting, 'X has been sacked becaus he's done this' and posting 'The Mail and The Times have published articles that alledge that X has been been sacked ..... etc, etc,'

Hey ho - we'll wait and see if it comes up on SSN or the BBC - or even the club website - and take it from there if it does!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
True - and I don't know what was posted in the plethora of deleted threads because we can't see them - but even at this level there is a big difference between posting, 'X has been sacked becaus he's done this' and posting 'The Mail and The Times have published articles that alledge that X has been been sacked ..... etc, etc,'

Hey ho - we'll wait and see if it comes up on SSN or the BBC - or even the club website - and take it from there if it does!

Yes I agree but the problem is not all people will be legally savvy in how they frame their comments / opinions etc - in the way professional journalists are - and potentially expose themselves and NSC to litigation. Therefore as a short term measure, just removing the threads is the best way to protect individual posters and NSC. Apologies if it is frustrating; I guess all will become clear in due course.

EDIT: Just to be clear, the deleted threads didn’t contain anything other than what has been reported in the press, so you haven’t missed anything!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
According to the Sun X is off to Newcastle, to join Y and Z.
The Saudis should have bought Brighton, would have saved them a lot of trouble and money, hehe.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
According to the Sun X is off to Newcastle, to join Y and Z.
The Saudis should have bought Brighton, would have saved them a lot of trouble and money, hehe.

And several thousand of us loyal supporters would have transferred our allegience to that lot up the M23.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It’s on the Argus website.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
I noticed it too, I think people like Bozza censor it to protect the forum from any legal issues. The club haven't said a peep so far...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I noticed it too, I think people like Bozza censor it to protect the forum from any legal issues. The club haven't said a peep so far...

Agree, but it still seems a strange one to have ruffled mod feathers - Ashworth to Newcastle for instance, although pretty much common knowledge now it's been reported so widely, still hasn't been officially announced yet (AFAIK) but was on NSC from day one. Yes, the resignation was announced, but the destination was speculation.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Agree, but it still seems a strange one to have ruffled mod feathers - Ashworth to Newcastle for instance, although pretty much common knowledge now it's been reported so widely, still hasn't been officially announced yet (AFAIK) but was on NSC from day one. Yes, the resignation was announced, but the destination was speculation.

The Argus just make a statement. Some NSCers will make assumptions based on the statement and post them. I get why the mods aren’t going to let it go there

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
And several thousand of us loyal supporters would have transferred our allegience to that lot up the M23.

Speak for yourself. Didn’t see many of us jumping ship in the Archer days, or just rolling over and accepting his regime either.

Not that I’m comparing Bill Archer to Vladimir Putin of course.

Though, actually…

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005

Crawley? Probably not as I have no connection with the place at all.

You couldn't possibly mean the wankpuffins. I'd rather walk away from football than transfer a micro amount of allegiance to those kunnts.

Hopefully, we'll never be put on the spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here