Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Expensive signings.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Nottingham Forest have bid for a "proven goalscorer in the Championship" as well. They are taking THE piss.

Yup, they only have 8 forwards in their squad (according to wiki) plus they have converted Greg Halford into a striker. They are making the new FFP rules look very silly, I am assuming that they would only get punished after 3yrs and they think they'll be Prem by then.

Apr 12, 2011
Whether or not he or anyone else should be doing it is another matter. I'm not actually aware of the precise details of the rules so unsure where they stand in that respect.

I suppose only time will tell whether those clubs pushing the boundaries will be penalised for doing so or not, but in the interests of fairness I suppose you would hope so given that others such as ourselves are doing everything possible to do things the 'right way'.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Yup, they only have 8 forwards in their squad (according to wiki) plus they have converted Greg Halford into a striker. They are making the new FFP rules look very silly, I am assuming that they would only get punished after 3yrs and they think they'll be Prem by then.

But I still prefer our way of doing things, no cloak and dagger fabricated deals - just well negotiated agreements which suit both and actually playing by rules which should have been the norm for atleast a decade.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Fine, points deduction and refuse inevitable promotion. Should be the outcome.

It is the right thing and the right path for football to follow. There are always clubs like Forest prepared to sacrifice reality, makes them wrong. Not FFP.

Sorry, but it simply isn't. The answer is to chuck clubs that are insolvent out of the League. Like happened to Aldershot. It is a disgrace that all anyone cares about is other clubs being paid and deducting a few points. The changes are what has made the problem worse, as there is only a very small penalty for financial failure, and massive gains for success.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here