Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Exeter (H) 1997

Robert Codners Nostrils

Oct 12, 2004
NYC
Did this really happen?! I remember the game but don't remember MARK FOX coming on for Ormerod. It was the game after Fans United - a very important 3 points for us that night! Got this off soccerbase (because I was sad enough to be checking out some old scores!). Anyone remember this? Did Fox replace Ormerod at the end?!?!

M. Ormerod (M. Fox, 90), P. Smith, S. Tuck, D. Mundee (R. Johnson, 83), D. Allan, G. Hobson, S. Storer, K. Mayo, I. Baird, C. Maskell, P. McDonald

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Let anyone tempted to moan about bad times when we lose a game take a look at that team, and realise nothing Poyet does could ever be that bad. Easy to forget, isn't it? Derek Allan and Denny Mundee :facepalm:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I've always remembered that game for one reason.

Exeter were playing towards the North Stand and we were behind the goal. Somebody kicked the ball absolutely vertically from well inside the 6yd box. It disappeared from view behind the overhang of the roof. It was gone for so long you could hear birdsong in Hove Park. Buses drifted down the Old Shoreham Road.

It was certain that our defence could be in almighty trouble when gravity eventually took effect.

It was scrambled away fortunately but ever since then balls of this kind (one led to a goal at Dagenham) have been known in our house as 'Exeter balls'. Tense times indeed.

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
Peter Smith - most ungainly footballer ever

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Let anyone tempted to moan about bad times when we lose a game take a look at that team, and realise nothing Poyet does could ever be that bad. Easy to forget, isn't it? Derek Allan and Denny Mundee :facepalm:

Oh so true But it makes these good times seem so much sweeter, does it not ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here