Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ex- Spurs boss Kieth Burkinshaw at the Amex yesterday.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
View attachment 70754
Anyone know who this chap is sitting just behind Jose yesterday? The older if the two I should say.

Uncle Remus

latest

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I'm hearing there could be a new position for KB at your club.
D of F ?
Knows Hughton from time at Spurs.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Is it not possible that KB is a scout for a northern side that we are playing in the not too distant future but then why bother when the game is on sky.

Brentford?
Ipswich?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I really hope someone asked Burkinshaw why he and Lawrie Mcmenemy walked out at the Dell clasping their arms aloft *before* kick off on the final day of the 1977/78 season

With Southampton already promoted, it was a match in which Spurs needed a draw to guarantee promotion ahead of us. The two teams played out an insipid 0-0 with barely a shot worthy of the name. Along the coast in front of 34,000 at the Goldstone we beat Blackpool 2-1, missing out on being promoted for the first time to the top flight on goal difference.

About as close to an obvious 'fix' as you could get. The fact that Burkinshaw and Mcmenemy were good friends and came out before the start of the game arm-in-arm, saluting the fans as if each team had already won promotion, made it ******** obscene.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I really hope someone asked Burkinshaw why he and Lawrie Mcmenemy walked out at the Dell clasping their arms aloft *before* kick off on the final day of the 1977/78 season

With Southampton already promoted, it was a match in which Spurs needed a draw to guarantee promotion ahead of us. The two teams played out an insipid 0-0 with barely a shot worthy of the name. Along the coast in front of 34,000 at the Goldstone we beat Blackpool 2-1, missing out on on being promoted for the first time to the top flight on goal difference.

About as close to an obvious 'fix' as you could get. The fact that Burkinshaw and Mcmenemy were good friends and came out before the start of the game arm-in-arm, saluting the fans as if each team had already won promotion made it ******** obscene.

Disgrace. And more so that we laud him in the directors box

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Disgrace. And more so that we laud him in the directors box

Agreed. You do wonder whether some people at the club are fully aware of the history.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here