Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ex players. Where are they now?

Black Hill

Banned
Apr 24, 2020
Steve Foster appears to live near Tesco In Hove the one opposite the Dyke Tavern.
Until recently he dropped his kids or grandchildren off at a school in Highcroft Villas most mornings.
On one occasion months ago, as I walked past Fozzy as got out of his car, Mark Mcgee also walked past. It looked like he was on what appeared to be a power walk. Both appeared to recognise, but not acknowledge each other.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Ashley Neal is a driving instructor in St Helens.I am tempted to comment on this but maybe that would be unkind.....

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Richard Carpenter works for the railways, on the tracks I believe

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Adrian Owers - gym instructor in Essex

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Steve Penney, is of course, famously, an optician (in his native Ballymena)

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Stuart Myall is a teacher at Gildredge House school in Eastbourne. Or was, as of 2019.

Stuart Tuck works at Varndean School as a "PE Technician", whatever that is https://www.varndean.co.uk/staff

Gildredge House school also has Danny Simmonds in their staff football team - he is a woodwork teacher and now a Deputy Head I think...

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Gildredge House school also has Danny Simmonds in their staff football team - he is a woodwork teacher and now a Deputy Head I think...

Your post prompted me to look up Simmonds on wikipedia. There is a link to an Eastbourne Herald report of the Sussex Senior Cup final in May 1992 (Albion v Langney Sports; Simmonds, a former Sports youngster, came on as a sub for Albion and was booed by the Sports' fans, apparently) - Hole's moment of agony in great Goldstone fight

Anyway, the most interesting thing in that report is this:-

... The speedy Danny Ashworth also created problems with some menacing runs down the right. ...

Yep, our now Technical Director "Danny" Ashworth was playing for Sports back then!

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Your post prompted me to look up Simmonds on wikipedia. There is a link to an Eastbourne Herald report of the Sussex Senior Cup final in May 1992 (Albion v Langney Sports; Simmonds, a former Sports youngster, came on as a sub for Albion and was booed by the Sports' fans, apparently) - Hole's moment of agony in great Goldstone fight

Anyway, the most interesting thing in that report is this:-

Yep, our now Technical Director "Danny" Ashworth was playing for Sports back then!
Pretty sure thats a different Danny Ashworth

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Pretty sure thats a different Danny Ashworth

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Nope.. random article on "Langney Sports" (whatever that is) website:

"DANNY TO DAN Veteran Langney Sports followers, from a couple of decades back, will remember him well – a neat, intelligent right-sided attacker with a zippy turn of pace. Danny Ashworth served the Sports well before moving on to higher things – all the way to the top, in fact, as the FA Technical Director. Now, as a crisper and more executive Dan Ashworth, he plans to leave his influential post at the FA to take up a similar role at Brighton and Hove Albion. A good time to renew the links and friendships? Welcome back to Sussex, Dan/ny!"

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Nope.. random article on "Langney Sports" (whatever that is) website:

"DANNY TO DAN Veteran Langney Sports followers, from a couple of decades back, will remember him well – a neat, intelligent right-sided attacker with a zippy turn of pace. Danny Ashworth served the Sports well before moving on to higher things – all the way to the top, in fact, as the FA Technical Director. Now, as a crisper and more executive Dan Ashworth, he plans to leave his influential post at the FA to take up a similar role at Brighton and Hove Albion. A good time to renew the links and friendships? Welcome back to Sussex, Dan/ny!"

Langney is an area to the east of Eastbourne (a town in East Sussex). They had their own team, Langney Sports, who started out in the '60s playing on local recreation grounds (Eastbourne had, and still do, two other senior clubs, Town and United). They gradually grew and that 1992 game was their first appearance in the Sussex Senior Cup final.

As they became more successful, they changed their name in the summer of 2001 to be Eastbourne Borough (to reflect the town they play in). They now play in the National League South and are the biggest club in the town.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Langney is an area to the east of Eastbourne (a town in East Sussex). They had their own team, Langney Sports, who started out in the '60s playing on local recreation grounds (Eastbourne had, and still do, two other senior clubs, Town and United). They gradually grew and that 1992 game was their first appearance in the Sussex Senior Cup final.

As they became more successful, they changed their name in the summer of 2001 to be Eastbourne Borough (to reflect the town they play in). They now play in the National League South and are the biggest club in the town.

Changed their name because if the reason you had to do this post. Nobody outside of Eastbourne knew where it was and they wanted more sponsorship. I used to play darts with a board member and he told me before the change. They had their own mini Bloom in Len Smith who grew the club.

Back on topic if no-one has mentioned it yet, Mayo is a cold calling phone salesman.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Just read the report. To tell you about Sports, you just need to know that I played 5 a side against some of that team around that time. In a local league. Imagine them being allowed to do that now. I know it was Nigel Hole, Mick Green and Steve Dell. Can't remember the other two but they were Sports star players. Mick Green was tragically killed in a trench collapse and has a stand named after him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here