Ex players & managers not originally from Brighton who liked it here so much they stayed

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Gary Stevens used to live in Sayers Common I believe. Danny Cullip used to live near Nutley and is one of the coaches for the Albion BTEC 11 a side team.

Back out in Thailand now.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cr...South-African-to-play-cricket-in-England.html

Denis Foreman of BHA , Sussec ccc and Hove Montefiore. Coloured South African, as they were called by the Apartheid regime in the 50's. Settled above Portslade Village. Wife and I met him in the park there 4 years ago. Lovely man. Proud of his 69, I think, goals for Brighton. This article says he was seriously ill 4 years ago. Anyone know about his health?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Gary Stevens used to live in Sayers Common I believe. Danny Cullip used to live near Nutley and is one of the coaches for the Albion BTEC 11 a side team.

Back out in Thailand now.

Still follows us from time to time. Or at least retweeted my blog report once #ClaimToFame #NameDropper

Talking of which I once played football against Steve Piper when he was an IFA. Still in Worthing according to this thread

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?290985-Steve-Piper/page4

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cr...South-African-to-play-cricket-in-England.html

Denis Foreman of BHA , Sussec ccc and Hove Montefiore. Coloured South African, as they were called by the Apartheid regime in the 50's. Settled above Portslade Village. Wife and I met him in the park there 4 years ago. Lovely man. Proud of his 69, I think, goals for Brighton. This article says he was seriously ill 4 years ago. Anyone know about his health?

Pleased to say I met him in Easthill Park Portslade last summer and although walking with a stick seemed fine. I was there with my 7 year old Grandson kicking a ball about and he approached us when he saw he was wearing an Albion shirt.

A really lovely fellow and although I can just remember seeing him play in about the early 60's he was such an interesting chap to talk to, with loads of stories about some of the other players and management of that time and I could have chatted for hours. Certainly not a big, look at me, type but seemed genuinely fond of the Albion. He told me he had been to the Amex and still followed the team.

Cheggers

Jul 28, 2011
Bang! And the dirt is gone.
I have it on good authority that Barry Lloyd lives in a tree house at the university end of Stanmer Park. he built it with his sister in law, Sheila. It's got a rope ladder and window made out of old carpet. Snug.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Tony Towner

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Michel Kuipers
Paul Watson
Danny Cullip
Kerry Mayo
Paul Rogers
Richard Carpenter
Gary Hart
Charlie Oatway

Most of which gained employment after their playing days were up

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Pleased to say I met him in Easthill Park Portslade last summer and although walking with a stick seemed fine. I was there with my 7 year old Grandson kicking a ball about and he approached us when he saw he was wearing an Albion shirt.

A really lovely fellow and although I can just remember seeing him play in about the early 60's he was such an interesting chap to talk to, with loads of stories about some of the other players and management of that time and I could have chatted for hours. Certainly not a big, look at me, type but seemed genuinely fond of the Albion. He told me he had been to the Amex and still followed the team.

Great news. As you say a real Gent and really, interesting to talk to.

Jul 7, 2003
Mike Trusson did live in Angmering (close enough) after he had finished at Rotheram, Sheff Utd, etc. Not sure if he still does?

He did my FA Coaching course a few years ago and was still living in Angmering then

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports