Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ex NSC posters and how you remember them

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Lammy said:
who was the chap that owned the bar in Tenerife? Canerian Seagull?

He owned a radio station. He might as well have owned a bar - his own consumption must have kept a few in business.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I'm sure there was someone who owned a bar down there.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I thought he owned, or ran, a radio station for tourists in tenerife. I'm pretty sure he invited me along there when I was on holiday. Everest would know for definite.

I though he sort of disappeared on here after something was alledged to have happened at the first REMF game relating to one of the raffle prizes. Could be wrong but if Southwick Seagull is still around he'd be able to confirm.

Albion Rob

Man of Harveys said:
He owned a radio station. He might as well have owned a bar - his own consumption must have kept a few in business.

He rang me one Christmas after I had left my number on here on some ticket-related business.

We chatted about the Albion and, I believe, Darren Freeman in particular.

Then he told me we were live on air.

It was a bit surreal.

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
munster monch said:
I thought he owned, or ran, a radio station for tourists in tenerife. I'm pretty sure he invited me along there when I was on holiday.............

.............before he invited you to his bar, got you ratted and you forgot about the radio visit?
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Albion Rob said:
He rang me one Christmas after I had left my number on here on some ticket-related business.

We chatted about the Albion and, I believe, Darren Freeman in particular.

Then he told me we were live on air.

It was a bit surreal.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

sounds just like the old fecker!

Albion Rob

afters said:
i thought he had a bar too.

i'm afraid that bit about owning a radio station may well have been a little porkie

Ha, ha, maybe I wasn't on air then!

Kosh always used to make me chuckle.

My best memory of Sompting Seagull was a Ted Rogers 3-2-1 style thread about him.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
That Dave the Gaffer used to come out with some crap...........:lolol: :lolol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I agree

Total wanker

Taffy was my favourite

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Albion Rob said:
Kosh always used to make me chuckle.

He's definitely still around - we enjoyed some most excellent 70s "rock" photos on here recently.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Hannibal smith said:
Brighton Bird - A great day for NSC when she stopped posting endless drivel.

Some poor bloke will marry that.....

Christ that's harsh!!!!!

I sit in front of her at the withers

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
munster monch said:
I thought he owned, or ran, a radio station for tourists in tenerife. I'm pretty sure he invited me along there when I was on holiday. Everest would know for definite.
I think Canarian did work for a radio station in Tenerife. Can't remember his name though.

As for the bar owner, that was Jason who used to post under MarinaJ.

Lord Bracknell said:
Whatever happened to lady bracknell?
She got locked away didn't she? :lolol:

Whatever happened to Kev the Ape and his mum and girlfriend? You don't hear from him anymore (thank God) :rolleyes:. Unfortunately someone just as tedious has taken over from him. :lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I see Hart's Shirt post fairly regularly on another site. Nice bloke.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Terrace Dandy - very extreme

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Canarian Seagull (Lance?) was a solid gold Delboy-style legend. One and only time I had the good fortune to meet him was at an NSC-sponsored match, when he managed to blag whole TRAYS of second and possibly third helpings of all courses for all of those diners fortunate enough to be in his immediate vicinity by sweet-talking Eva, the octogerian waitress. Which must have pleased the budget-conscious catering manager no end :lol:

And correct me if I'm wrong, Lush, but I'm sure I heard you muttering long after the event that he never DID pay his dues for the match sponsorship :D

Top rogue! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Two from the early days of NSC, already mentioned, Dave the Eagle and KOSH. The former managed to cause mayhem on a daily basis, around that time I was a moderator and spent many a happy hour deleting the rubbish he posted. KOSH on the other hand had his detractors but I always found his ramblings amusing, I think he was on here a while ago, would be nice to see him return and give Earnest a run for his money!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Tom Hark said:
Canarian Seagull (Lance?) was a solid gold Delboy-style legend.
I think you are right with his name now I think about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here